Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Counselor – Bilingual English – Spanish – Hmong – Somali
CEE’s Energy Counselor position is part of a team assisting homeowners throughout the Greater Twin Cities in improving the energy efficiency of their homes. CEE is seeking motivated individuals who are skilled at working with people and providing high quality services to customers. No prior residential services experience is required; thorough on-the-job-training is provided for CEE’s Energy Counselors.
The Energy Counselor is responsible for working together with another team member to provide in-home residential energy services in support of CEE’s Residential Programs. The Energy Counselor is the primary point of contact for the homeowner and is responsible for establishing good rapport. Visits to homes include an assessment of energy use and also on-site additions of energy-saving products like LED light bulbs and low-flow shower heads.
This is a full-time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and a retirement plan. The Energy Counselor reports to the Field Supervisor.
• Working with a team member to conduct home visits according to established protocols.
• Managing time to complete visits according to schedule.
• Assuming the role of Lead or Installer for Home Energy Squad (HES) Installed visits.
• Conducting product installations (LED light bulbs, low-flow shower heads) for HES and multifamily visits.
• Consulting with homeowners about energy goals, questions, and concerns.
• Teaching homeowners about energy use and encouraging low-cost and no-cost energy-saving measures.
• Communicating with team member throughout visits to discuss upgrades recommendations.
• Discussing upgrades recommendations with homeowners and gauging the homeowner’s interest.
• Encouraging homeowners to complete additional recommended treatments, and scheduling work to be completed.
• Accurately recording and entering data into the tracking database.
• Accurately managing product inventory.
• Driving a Home Energy Squad van.
• Completing assigned administrative tasks and responsibilities during office time.
• Assisting with program marketing and outreach efforts.
• Understanding and adhering to corporate policies and procedures, attending trainings as requested, and reading corporate-wide emails and correspondence.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have an interest in residential energy efficiency and a willingness to expand your knowledge base on the subject.
• Must demonstrate excellent customer relations, and communication skills.
• Must demonstrate excellent time-management and organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have basic computer and keyboard competency and show proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds as well as carry, push, pull, kneel and squat.
• Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Seeking candidates proficient in speaking Hmong, Somali, and Spanish.
Visit https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us to apply.