Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Efficiency Specialist
The Minnesota Chamber is a statewide organization representing more than 6,300 businesses of all types and sizes – and more than half a million employees – throughout Minnesota. The Chamber works tirelessly for its members; providing one-on-one business services, opportunities to grow their networks and knowledge base, and cultivating an economic environment where businesses stay and grow in our state. A business climate that allows for innovation and forward-thinking leadership will help grow the strength of Minnesota’s economy for generations to come.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation a 501(c)3 and an affiliate of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses in waste reduction, resource conservation, and energy efficiency. Waste Wise and Energy Smart provide the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
$42,000 - $44,000 per year
The Energy Smart Program Energy Efficiency Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site energy consultations, maintaining program database, providing Energy Star building benchmarking services and assisting other program staff as needed. This position is also responsible for providing targeted program services to members of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce.
- Engage Minnesota Chamber members and the broader Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking
- In conjunction with the Energy Smart Program Manager, research and identify outreach targets
- Coordinate outreach communication with business groups and associations
- Schedule site visits for the Energy Smart program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door-knocking
- Conduct on-site energy consultations to identify and encourage implementation of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities
- Know and effectively communicate the details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete energy project
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and update database with program results
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Senior Energy Efficiency Specialist and the Program Director
- 1-3 years’ experience in business energy efficiency consulting and business development
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a field related to environmental protection, sustainability, science, planning or public/business administration
- Comprehensive knowledge of energy efficiency opportunities and equipment technology
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, utility representatives and others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Katie Klein, firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 15.