Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Efficiency Specialist
Do you love helping businesses save energy and money? Are you an outgoing, customer- focused champion for energy efficiency? Do you have a basic understanding of buildings and building systems (including lighting, building envelope, and mechanical systems) Apply for our Energy Efficiency Client Liaison position today!
Based in Excelsior, MN, JIT Energy Services is a leading provider of energy management and utility cost reduction services across North America. Our services help commercial, industrial, non-profit, and multi-family housing customers reduce energy and water use, save resources, and minimize their environmental impact. Everything we do is about reducing utility costs and consumption and you could be a part of this important work.
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
This is a hybrid position working remotely the majority of the time.
As an Energy Efficiency Client Liaison, you’re a member of the Sustainability Consulting Services team. You assist clients in achieving their energy and water conservation goals with rate optimization services, energy and water assessments, project implementation services, and smart building platform, JIT360.
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive organizations to complete energy projects and communicate results
- Maintain accurate records of participation and update database with program results
- Communicate regularly and proactively with organizations, guiding them through the challenges and nuances of implementing energy solutions
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of program and clients to help them move forward on established goals
- Know and effectively communicate the details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs
- Manage a portfolio of clients, engage with internal stakeholders to understand needs and support new business development opportunities
- Pursue rebate and performance-based incentive opportunities for client projects
- Support clients and vendors with inquiries related to utility billing questions, data validation, rate change opportunities, tax exemption studies, monthly scorecard and alert reports, etc
- A demonstrated interest in energy conservation required
- At least three years of experience in customer service or managing client relationships, five+ years preferred
- Comfortable interacting with clients by email, phone, video, and in person
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Basic understanding of energy conservation principles and techniques
- Thorough understanding of buildings and building systems (including lighting, building envelope, and mechanical systems)
- Basic understanding of methods used for technical and cost savings analysis and reporting
- Ability to explain complicated matters to a variety of individuals
- Ability to travel to locations across the state approximately 10% of time
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies or related field preferred
- Do you have a basic understanding of building systems like lighting, building envelope, HVAC, or mechanical systems?
- Do you live within 100 miles of our office in Excelsior, MN?