Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Efficiency Specialist
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce is a statewide advocacy organization representing 2,300 businesses and over 500,000 employees across Minnesota. We advocate on a broad array of business issues that affect businesses’ bottom line. Advocacy includes legislative representation at the state capitol, as well as individual business assistance through our programs. Events and sponsorship programming support our advocacy and membership representation and service.
Energy Smart is a program of the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation, a 501(c)3 and an affiliate of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses in waste reduction, resource conservation, and energy efficiency. Energy Smart provides the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
The starting salary for this position is $48,950 annually.
This is a full-time position with benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. 40 hours per week are expected.
The Energy Smart Program Energy Efficiency Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site energy consultations, maintaining program database, providing Energy Star building benchmarking services and assisting other program staff as needed. This position is also responsible for providing targeted program services to members of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce.
1. Engage MN chamber members and the broader Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking
2. In conjunction with the Energy Smart Program Manager, research and identify outreach targets
3. Coordinate outreach communication with business groups and associations
4. Schedule site visits for the Energy Smart program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door-knocking
5. Conduct on-site energy consultations to identify and encourage implementation of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities
6. Know and effectively communicate the details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs
7. Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete energy projects
8. Maintain accurate records of business participation and update database with program results
9. Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Program Coordinator & Manager
1. One – three years experience in energy efficiency consulting, sustainability, and/or business development
2. Bachelor's degree or higher in a field related to environmental studies, sustainability, environmental science, planning or public/business administration
3. Comprehensive knowledge of energy efficiency opportunities and equipment technology
4. Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, utility representatives and others
5. Strong oral and written communication skills
6. Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills
7. Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software
8. Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
9. Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges
10. Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage
Submit your resume and cover letter to Katie Klein: [email protected]