Energy Engineer II
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions to help homeowners, businesses, and communities cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We're curious, lifelong learners who value the well-being of the communities we live in and serve. We invite open-door communications and respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, with an emphasis on work–life balance. Our great culture has resulted in being named one of the Top 150 Workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, the expect the hiring range for this position to be $85k to $90k.
Calling all talented engineers! CEE is on the lookout for an exceptional energy engineer to join our team. If you have a proven track record in performing whole building audits and delivering impactful presentations, this opportunity is for you. As an energy engineer at CEE, you'll need to possess in-depth knowledge of major energy using equipment, along with excellent communication skills to effectively convey your findings. The primary emphasis of this role will be conducting investment grade audits for medium and large commercial buildings. Additionally, you'll have the chance to contribute to our exciting research and development initiatives, as well as support market transformation efforts for various technologies and building types. If you're ready to make a significant impact in the field of energy engineering, we can't wait to hear from you!
- Survey commercial facilities, assessing the condition of energy using equipment.
- Identify opportunities for energy efficiency in major energy using equipment.
- Calculate building energy use and potential savings from energy efficiency measures.
- Maintain detailed notes and justification of findings.
- Report assessment findings, emphasizing the benefits of energy efficiency.
- Collaborate with building owners, trade allies, and other stakeholders to support the implementation of efficiency measures.
- Perform financial analysis of energy-saving recommendations
- Assist internal departments, including R&D and market transformation efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required
- Minimum of two years of energy auditing, energy efficiency, HVAC controls, or related fields.
- Detailed understanding of heating, cooling and ventilation systems in commercial buildings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies that align with CEE's strategy and mission.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel between office and worksites.
- Ability to travel regionally to up 20% of the time.
- Industry certification such as P.E., Association of Energy Engineer’s Certification
- Ability to view and operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop, for extended periods of time creating, composing and reviewing documents and spreadsheets.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to carry tools bags, up to 40 pounds, necessary for investigation work.
Must be located in Minnesota. A preferred location is the Minneapolis area. You will have the option to work in the office, work from home, or hybrid when not performing work in the field.
Apply online by visiting us at https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us!