Energy Modeling Analyst
This is a company where the talents of every individual are recognized as equal. They are an established firm that is building a Twin Cities presence, so this is a fantastic opportunity to apply your talents and make a big impact. Your energy modeling will be used to inform design on a wide variety of buildings including commercial, biotech, multi-family housing, medical, educational, and industrial.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Utilize your knowledge of energy codes and a building’s energy consumption via the envelope, lighting, and mechanical systems to simulate the building’s energy usage utilizing industry software.
- Perform energy modeling and building simulations
- Prepare energy and green building assessment reports based on analytic findings which include detailed equipment specifications and cost savings analysis
- Develop options for client projects to qualify for relevant incentive and sustainability programs
- Perform renewable energy feasibility assessments
- Complete compliance reports from energy modeling results, including ASHRAE 90.1 ECB modeling, LEED Optimize Energy Performance, and other programs. #ZR
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience with the use of energy modeling software, i.e., eQUEST / DOE2, EnergyPlus, and related software programs.
- Knowledge of building systems including lighting technologies, building envelope & fenestration, mechanical systems, and combustion science. Strong mechanical system knowledge is required.
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation, and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of LEED, ASHRAE Stds. 189-1 & 90.1, IECC, and other building codes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Sound technical writing skills and experience
Follow instructions at the link.