Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Services Technical Specialist
Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) is seeking an energy services technical specialist to provide technical expertise for its energy services programs.
The technical specialist uses a general understanding of lighting, HVAC, refrigeration, food service equipment and production processes to identify opportunities for energy savings or beneficial electrification in businesses. The technical specialist also calculates energy savings associated with energy efficiency improvements. A detailed knowledge of lighting is desired.
Activities include performing assessments detailing proposed efficiency or electrification measures where appropriate; working with member utilities to implement and market the Bright Energy Solutions (BES) program; performing key account visits; and utilizing MRES tracking and data management systems. The ability to use predefined algorithms to calculate savings and set up measures in a tracking system (energyOrbit) is desired.
- Establish and enhance relationships with contractors, distributors and MRES members and their customers
- Assess proposed efficiency and/or electrification measures
- Calculate energy savings associated with energy-efficiency improvements
- Work with member utilities to implement and market the Bright Energy Solutions® program
- Perform key account visits
- Utilize MRES tracking and data management systems
- The ability to use predefined algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, and four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building competencies
- Excellent mathematical skills, including the ability to calculate savings and incentives
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Intermediate skill level with utilizing Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- A collaborative work style and the ability to focus on the needs of the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shows initiative and sound judgment, along with demonstrated abilities in critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making
This position is based out of the employee’s home office and includes 60% regional travel, primarily consisting of day trips to MRES member communities in eastern North Dakota, northeast South Dakota and west-central Minnesota. Some overnight travel is required. This is an exempt position and reports to the energy services technical supervisor.
MRES provides very competitive wages, a comprehensive/low-cost benefits package and an outstanding work environment that promotes a long-lasting career. Please submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications to [email protected]
Please submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications to [email protected]