Energy Systems Engineer
We believe employment is a partnership and we expect excellence from our talented employees. To support our employees and help them thrive in their career experience and goals, we offer:
- Competitive wage & benefit package.
- Employee Stock Ownership options
- Retirement Savings Fund with employer match
- Health insurance plan options
- Training – our average employee spends hours in training and development each year! This includes safety – one of our 5 values and key to our success – technical, compliance and developmental training.
- Career development is critical to our long-term success. Otter Tail Power employees have opportunities to participate in various leadership development programs, gain access to an a la carte online leadership course catalog, receive mentorship from current leaders and more!
- Access to mental health support from the experts at SupportLinc.
Dependent on qualifications.
Full time Monday through Friday with flex time available. Successful candidate will work full time in the office for first six months of employment with remote work available two days a week after.
Candidates expecting to graduate spring of 2024 with a Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering are encouraged to apply. Part time employment with a flexible schedule between start of employment and graduation is an option.
- Review, interpret, and document approved engineering standards for evaluating energy efficiency projects.
- Research the latest technologies in all aspects of energy efficiency and provide strategic guidance for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal and external engineers to ensure efficiency projects meet OTP’s standards.
We’re seeking candidates with a wide range of skills who are motivated to complete complex projects with many potential variables while aligning with our core values: Integrity, Community, Safety, Resourcefulness, Customer Service and People. Some examples of what we’re looking for include:
- There’s a lot of innovation in our industry and we want positive, can-do people who are resilient through the challenges that sometimes come with change.
- A strategic growth mindset with exceptional analytical and project management skills will allow you to conceive solutions and successfully implement them.
- Knowledge of and interest in energy systems in commercial buildings and industrial operations
- Bachelor’s degree in in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred. Applicants with a Certified Energy Manager status will also be considered.
- Otter Tail Power encourages candidates scheduled to graduate upon completion of fall or spring semester in the 2023-2024 academic year to apply.
Visit our website at https://www.otpco.com/about-us/careers/.