Engineering Intern - ALLETE Clean Energy
ALLETE Clean Energy (ACE) specializes in developing, acquiring and managing clean and renewable energy projects. This position is located at the ACE corporate headquarters in Duluth, MN and is responsible for assisting ACE’s operations team in supporting over 700 megawatts of wind generation across the country
The position is full-time during the summer of 2020, with the potential for part-time, flexible up to 20 hrs/week during the 2020/2021 school year.
Responsibilities for the Engineering Intern will include, but not limited to the following:
- Modernize technical document storage systems
- Analyze and improve wind turbine reliability programs
- Evaluate wind site performance based on energy production, fault trends, wind resource, and part consumption
- Evaluate gearbox and transformer oil sample data
- Develop wind turbine performance and monitoring tools
- Collect data for NERC and regulatory compliance reporting
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with an expected graduation date between June 2020 to December 2022
- A 3.0 or better GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Candidates may be subject to assessment of skills, job match, or aptitude
Follow instructions at the link.