Clean Energy Job Board
MnSEIA is a 501(c)(6) trade association that serves to move Minnesota solar forward as the voice of the Minnesota solar industry. Representing over 125 member companies, MnSEIA pursues its mission to grow solar energy industries as part of Minnesota’s clean energy transition by delivering strong public policy, education, job creation and sustainable industry development. This is done through active engagements at the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission, the Minnesota Legislature, and in various agency matters. Find out more at www.mnseia.org.
$90,000 - $110,000+ depending on qualifications.
The Minnesota Solar Energy Industries Association (MnSEIA) Executive Director ensures continued growth and prosperity in Minnesota for the trade association’s membership, and for the trade association itself.
Duties and responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
Top management authority and responsibility for the day-to-day activities, business decisions, legal activities, employment, and the overall affairs of the organization.
Lead, direct, and manage staff work activities, including annual performance reviews, compensation, and hiring or firing decisions.
Subscribe, oversee, and enforce MnSEIA’s Code of Conduct and other relevant policies for staff, the MNSEIA Board of Directors (the “Board) and members generally.
Serve as the primary employee for obtaining revenue, whether that be from memberships, event sponsorships, campaign pledge dollars or other income streams.
Primary responsibility for budget expenses and costs, as authorized and approved by the MnSEIA Board of Directors.
Plan, organize, set-up, and cooperate with the Board President for the Board meeting, and prepare materials for the Board meetings.
As an Ex Officio, non-voting member of the Board, uphold and fulfill the fiduciary duties of loyalty, care, and obedience, as required by applicable legal authority and corporate bylaws.
Implement MnSEIA’s Strategic Plan and execute Board directives, coordinating with the staff, MnSEIA Board and Executive Committee.
Plan, organize, set-up, and execute MnSEIA member meetings and other member engagement and networking opportunities, events and conferences.
Oversee, and ensure the success of, MnSEIA’s Legislative and Regulatory policy issues.
Serve as the voice of Minnesota’s solar industry on behalf of the MnSEIA membership.
- A BA/BS degree from an accredited, four-year college or university in Business, Law, Policy, Energy or a similar field.
- A post-secondary degree in Business, Law, Policy, Energy or a similar field.
- A history of managing employees and encouraging their growth.
- A proven track record in building and developing strong relationships with companies, team members, or other partners.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills, strong leadership and management skills, professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- An understanding of state government and business administration.
- Demonstrated experience working with 501c3/c4/c6 and membership-based organizational structures, and is able to work on/support multiple issue campaigns and programs.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter, three references and any other application materials, if any, that you would like us to consider to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Director Application” followed by your full name. Please make sure all documents are submitted in PDF format.
All applications should be submitted by Friday, May 14th. Applications received after that date may or may not be considered.