Clean Energy Job Board
The Executive Director at RREAL is integral to the success of the organization at local and regional levels. The Executive Director is responsible for an array of functions, including realizing the strategic plan and vision of the organization, fundraising, fiduciary oversight, marketing, compliance, and community engagement. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. RREAL's mission is to make solar accessible to all households & communities in Central & Northern Minnesota. We work to expand solar capacity, education, & workforce development to strategically reduce poverty in our region. Candidates can read more about our work at rreal.org.
$70,000 – 75,000
Full time remote, based in North or Central Minnesota
Organization Mission and Strategy:
- Implements programs that carry out RREAL's mission.
- Sets clear short- and medium-term goals to ensure fulfillment of the strategic plan.
- Enhances and maintains RREAL's image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely and collaborating with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Effectively administers RREAL operations including maintaining good standing as a non-profit with 501(c)(3) status.
- Hires and retains competent, qualified staff and contractors.
- Signs notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Works directly with a 7- to 10-member board in order to fulfill the organization’s strategic plan, mission and vision.
- Leads RREAL in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Supports Board recruitment, training, and development, as well as regular strategic planning.
Financial Performance and Viability:
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Maintains RREAL's fiscal integrity. Includes submitting a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements to the Board, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Ensures fiscal management to operate within the approved budget, maximize use of resources, and maintain a positive financial position for the organization.
A successful candidate will be:
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of RREAL's strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fund raising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Highly skilled in written and oral communication.
- RREAL will be interviewing on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Initial application review begins in early October. Candidates will be contacted for a phone screening if they meet the desired qualifications. Phone interviews and subsequent in-person interviews will be held for selected candidates.
- To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three professional references to [email protected]