Facility Project Manager
The Minnesota Department of Human Services provides Minnesotans with a variety of services intended to help people live as independently as possible.
Salary Range: $32.41 - $48.17/hourly; $67,672 -$100,579/annually
40 hours per week, day shift, Monday-Friday
The Facility Project Manager is a key member of the Facilities Management team who serves as the project manager for medium to large-scale construction, renovation, and facility improvement projects. The Facility Project Manager provides oversight and leadership from the beginning of each project through completion, including predesign, design, bidding and procurement, construction and post-construction phases at multiple secure and non-secure facilities. Facilities vary widely and include hospitals, supervised living facilities and sites providing nursing home level of care. Many of these facilities operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Facility Project Manager has advanced professional level experience in construction and construction project management sufficient to lead multiple complex projects simultaneously. Compliance with accrediting and licensing agencies along with the application of relevant statues, laws, and rules is paramount to ensure the successful completion of these projects. A core focus of the Facility Project Manager is to ensure that program goals are met for safe, humane and cost-effective operations at our facilities. The ultimate goal of each project is to provide new or renovated facilities that meet the agency’s needs and support quality programming most economically while adhering to all applicable regulating agency requirements, statutes, laws, building codes and administrative policies.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage capital improvement and repair/replacement projects in Direct Care & Treatment owned and leased facilities in accordance with applicable regulations, statute and policies so the mission of providing for the safety and well-being of those served is met
- Leading, participating and advising on project development and facility design needs so all projects are scheduled, completed and documented as required to attain and/or maintain licensure and accreditation
- Creating and maintaining project teams for small and large remodeling and new construction projects which includes soliciting input from stakeholders, coordinating construction activities and communicating with the executive team to identify the financial impact to the organization and identifying resources necessary to meet program needs
- Reviewing and approving project plans relating to design, mechanical, electrical, and equipment specifications to assure compliance with all applicable code/licensure requirements
- Evaluating current and developing needs to establish strategic plans and objectives while identifying actions to ensure operational effectiveness
- Providing expertise in specialty areas such as sustainable building design; historic preservation; quality control review of construction/bid documents; owner’s representative duties on out-sourced projects; and use of AutoCAD and specialty software to facilitate efficient design and documentation
- Identifying and proposing budgets necessary to support design and construction needs while prioritizing cost-effectiveness and cost-control strategies
Must meet the following qualification listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Architecture, Engineering or a closely-related field
- 4 years of leadership experience in construction and construction project management from conception through construction and occupancy which includes
- Providing oversight to architects, general contractors, trade contractors and/or subcontractors to deliver projects on time, at or under budget, and to the expected standard of quality and deliverables
- Scheduling construction activities, maintaining safety, cost estimating, design quality assurance, risk management and/or construction inspection
- Determining applicable building and other construction regulations, codes and practices
- Experience in programs and databases such as Microsoft Office Suite programs, Visio, SharePoint and Project Management
- Professional experience conducting facility project management in hospitals and/or secure facilities
- Experience managing state facility contracts and projects
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification
- Experience with renewable energy systems
Apply through link.