Foreclosure Prevention & Housing Specialist Advocate
This position is meant to assist with the on-going planning, implementation, adjustment, tracking and operation of various Foreclosure Counseling and related housing programs, including, but not limited to, Foreclosure Prevention and Assistance Program (FPAP), Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Programs, Emergency Housing Program, Transitional Housing Program, Home Stretch, Family Financial Management and other projects/activities that are undertaken to address financial problems experienced by low-income persons in the WCCA service area.
$16-$18 an hour, depending on experience.
- Prepare, provide, and distribute public information, outreach and recruitment as appropriate for assigned programs.
- Understand, accurately interpret, and implement rules, regulation, and guidelines.
- Assess and advise household/family on mortgage foreclosure alternatives.
- Request appropriate financial assistance for customers in selected programs & provide needed information and referrals.
- Maintain accurate documentation/ records, conduct credit checks and analysis, prepare family budgets, process loan related documents, and produce program reports.
- Coordinate scheduling, facilities, volunteers, speakers and conduct monthly home buyer training classes.
- Meet with clients and educate them on the program.
- Meet with clients and educate them on the Transitional Housing Program.
- Assist clients with budges, referrals, and rental assistance.
- Work ongoing monthly case management and reporting requirements to improve client’s wellbeing.
- Deny assistance to ineligible customers.
- Effectively communicate with customers, funders and program management to assure continuity of operations.
- Assist with developing operational plans for selected programs.
- Must be able to use computer for client data entry, tracking, recordkeeping, etc.
- Meet with families facing foreclosure evenings and weekends to counsel on foreclosure prevention.
- Must attend essential trainings needed and assigned for occupational certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelors or related occupational degree or certification with related education, training, or experience in family financial management, foreclosure prevention, lending, real estate, housing/energy or a related interdisciplinary field.
- Recent work experience or training in foreclosure prevention, lending, real estate and/or economic assistance programs.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with other agencies/organizations in the scope of mortgage foreclosure prevention, financial assistance, housing, and others as needed to effectively coordinate programming and client services.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to manage a caseload of incoming and on-going clients simultaneously, as well as, the ability to maintain accurate and uniform records of those clients.
- Ability to relate in a courteous and professional manner, displaying sensitivity and caring attitude toward low-income participants.
- Must become certified where required to conduct foreclosure counseling, home stretch, family financial management, loan processing and servicing, attend overnight training sessions as required.
- Demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use a computer and data entry software.
- Willing to cross train & work in energy conservation programs desire.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and a current driver’s license.
- Must attend job related training and regular day and night time meetings.
Please complete an application by visiting our website at www.wccaweb.com, click on employment. Email your completed application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com.