Geothermal & Solar Electrical Technician
Enel Green Power, part of Enel Group, is driving the future of sustainable energy, working to bring renewable energy to every corner of the planet. As one of the world’s leading renewable energy companies, we play a fundamental role in the energy transition, bringing our planet into a new era in which everyone has access to sustainable, decarbonized energy. We combine our purpose, passion and skills to create a cleaner and more sustainable future, constantly pushing technological limits and fostering stakeholder awareness. In the US and Canada, Enel Green Power is one of the leading and fastest growing renewable energy companies in the US and Canada, and the growth engine of our global renewable energy business. Our growth is driven by our people and our partnerships. We work with some of the largest corporations in the world, supporting the renewable energy goals of customers like Google, Anheuser-Busch, T-Mobile, Facebook, Adobe and Kohler, among others. Enel Green Power operates across the entire value chain from business development to long-term operations, fostering innovative solutions to produce green energy more efficiently and more sustainably. We aim to create shared value in the communities where we operate by combining the pursuit of our business with lasting contributions to socio-economic development.
Information not provided
40 hours per week
Enel has an opening on their Solar team in Edina, MN! You will be at the heart of what Enel does and will report to the Manager, Geo/Solar Electrical Maintenance. The Electrical Technician is responsible for supporting the installation, testing, and troubleshooting of medium voltage (34.5 kV and below) and station service electrical equipment such as motors, and motor controls, switchgear, transformers, voltage regulators, electrical protective devices, main and auxiliary generators, lighting power supplies, electrical cranes, and battery support systems. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and overhauling such equipment in addition to calibration, maintenance and repair of all power plant related instrumentation.
- Supports completion of all scheduled maintenance for Geo/Solar electrical equipment in a timely manner to maximize generation.
- Installs, tests, maintains, troubleshoots, and overhauls medium voltage power plant related electrical equipment.
- Gains technical information from electrical schematics, vendors information, and codes
- Performs current and voltage calculations as necessary
- Calibrate plant related instrumentation and use test equipment associated with the power plant.
- Supports Submersible Pump Push/Pulls.
- Performs calibrations as necessary and uses test equipment associated with the power plant
- Initiates reports and records associated with the control systems of the power plant
- Observes safety precautions
- Maintains the plant’s PLC system and performs programming modifications as needed.
Who You Are:
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of PLC systems and related software
- Ability to use electrical test equipment such as, DMM, meggers and multi process calibration equipment
- Knowledge in electrical theory and troubleshooting techniques
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This could include, working in extreme heat or extreme cold conditions.
- The noise level in the environment is usually loud and requires the use of PPE.
What You've Accomplished:
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- A valid driver’s license operable in all 50 states and Canada and a clean driving record.; a clean driving records means:
- In the last 3 years, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents.
- In the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident.