Clean Energy Job Board
US Solar makes solar energy accessible with simple solutions that are as good for the wallet as they are for the environment. US Solar is a developer, owner, operator, and financier of solar generation projects with a focus on emerging markets and community solar programs. Based in Minnesota, US Solar helps residents, public entities, and businesses reduce electricity costs with local, renewable energy.
Info not provided
The GIS Intern will perform Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tasks supporting the Site Selection team’s work. The individual must be able to handle GIS related tasks and be detail oriented. This individual will work in a fluid environment and communicate with co-workers and external parties. The successful applicant will need the skills to conduct GIS tasks including creating, updating, editing, and reviewing spatial and tabular datasets. The individual must be a critical thinker and problem solver who can work independently.
- Utilize Google Earth to capture, create, edit, and manage geospatial data.
- Use appropriate software (e.g., MS Excel, MS Access, etc.) to perform tabular data analysis.
- Research and compile data for special studies, environmental reports, and internal memos.
- Assist in the production of packets for permitting applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree.
- Interest and/or experience in Geography and GIS.
- Interest and/or experience in utilities.
- Interest and/or experience in Solar and renewable energy.
- Exposure to Esri ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online.
- Outstanding writing, communication, and teaming skills with colleagues and clients.
- Efficient manager of workflows, including planning, priority setting, coordination, and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record in Geography, GIS, or a related field of study.
- Proficiency in one or more GIS software platforms.
- Proficiency in analysis using Excel, Python, SPSS, R, and/or SQL.
- Proficiency in relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL).