Clean Energy Job Board
Green Tech Instructor
The Green Tech Instructor is responsible for planning and developing afterschool and summer programming to develop youth in personal and professional skills as well as training in a variety of green technologies, including but not limited to energy efficiency, renewable energy, IT, and advanced manufacturing.
The programming should promote healthy development of American Indian youth to ensure the accomplishment of the goals, objectives, and outcomes as required. This position reports directly to the Deputy Director.
Join the Circle
When you come to work at MIGIZI you join a legacy that spans back to 1977. MIGIZI’s mission is to provide a strong circle of support that nurtures the educational, social, economic, and cultural development of American Indian youth. We are passionate about the success of our young leaders and make sure resources are available while using our voice to advocate for equitable education for our community. Our vision is for American Indian youth to be acknowledged and honored for their sacred gifts and boundless potential – which they share – as leaders – with their communities and nations. When you join the Circle, you join a tradition in investing in our future leaders for generations to come.
$55,000 - $60,000 annually
Generous PTO and Holidays
Excellent benefits including; health and dental, LTD, STD and Life insurance, 401 k contribution
40 hours per week
- Pathway Training: Plan and deliver instruction, hands-on projects, and technology-assisted learning during day and evening sessions, fall to spring.
- Collaborate with local career and technical education professionals to develop curriculum and pathways for students in renewable energy, energy efficiency, IT, and advanced manufacturing
- Collaborate with education professionals to assess alignment of curriculum with current STEM educational standards
- Collaborate with education professionals
- Maintain tools and workshop machinery
- Understand and communicate the benefits of green technologies used in the facility with students and public; use the MIGIZI building as a “living laboratory” of green technology applications
- Recruit professionals to present to youth on renewable energy topics and careers
- Develop an annual work plan to meet goals and objectives
- Participate in the collection of data, story collection and assessing outcomes through outcome tracker, and regular meeting to learn, celebrate and/or redefine strategies
- Maintain timely and accurate program records in the organizational Salesforce database
- Recruit, assist and advise youth in pursuit of their goals
- Manage and coordinate project activities and collaborate with project/program teams on a daily basis
- Design and implement afterschool and summer programming, coordinated with all Migizi staff
- Assist in and contribute to project reports
- Engage youth as full partners in activities
- Communicate as required with families of youth served
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field required
- Capability in collaboratively developing training/educational curriculum
- Extensive background in sustainability, renewable energy, energy efficiency, and green career opportunities
- Deep understanding of social and economic issues pertaining to sustainability
- Experience in operation of tools and workshop machinery, with high degree of attention towards safety
- Minimum of five years experience planning, coordination and successful implementation of educational and internship support activities
- Knowledge of and ability to continue learning American Indian values and cultural practices
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Minneapolis/St. Paul American Indian communities
- Good driving record and ability to transport youth with an organizational vehicle.
- Excellent writing skills for curriculum development and reporting of program outcomes
- Ability to integrate American Indian values and cultural practices into educational curriculum
- Computer technology
- Programming languages
- Graphic design and creative software platforms (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud or similar software)
- CAD software
- Software and hardware for possible remote learning
- Learning management systems
- Ability to quickly learn new hardware and software systems pertaining to green technologies
- Maintain confidentiality of required information
- Ability to manage youth in an experiential/project-based environment.
- Background and ability to work with youth in a variety of settings and on a variety of projects
- Contribute to a cooperative, collaborative and flexible work team environment
- Model positive behaviors to youth and staff
- Proven ability to actively engage youth and their families/guardians in the creation and pursuit of education and career goals
- This is a full-time, 40 hour/week in-person position
- Some weekends and evenings
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance
- Background check
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Email [email protected] with the subject line: Green Tech Instructor *Your Name*
- Include in the email your cover letter on why you would be a good fit at MIGIZI and your resume.
- Include two professional references.
EEO: It is the policy of MIGIZI to recruit, hire, train, promote, and otherwise make personnel decisions without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, affectional orientation, gender identity, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sex, age, or any other classification protected by law.