GreenStep Cities Coordinator
Minnesota GreenStep Cities is a voluntary challenge, assistance and recognition program to help cities achieve their sustainability and quality-of-life goals. This free continuous improvement program, managed by a public-private partnership, is based upon a menu of 29 optional best practices. Each best practice can be implemented, as decided by city elected officials, staff and community members, by completing one or more actions at a 1, 2 or 3-star level, from a list of four to eight actions. These voluntary actions are tailored to all Minnesota cities, focus on cost savings and energy use reduction, and encourage civic innovation.
40 hours per week
As the GreenStep Cities Coordinator at the Minnesota Polllution Control Agency, you will lead and coordinate the Minnesota GreenStep Cities Program by working with other state agencies and not-for-profit partners, as a means to increase the implementation of community-based environmental and sustainability actions. Additionally, this position conducts technical and policy research, works with and promotes statewide environmental assistance programs, administers grants, coordinates training events, and maintains communications with city governments and related affected parties to increase voluntary environmental actions and outcomes throughout Minnesota.
- Two (2) years advanced professional experience in the planning, implementation and administration in the area of environment sustainability, protection, and/or pollution control. (Advanced professional-level experience is equivalent to Planner Senior State, Environmental Specialist 3, State Program Administrator Senior or equivalent level work).
- Strong analytical, research, organizational, project development and communication skills/techniques.
- Familiarity with quantitative analysis methods and computer-based data analysis tools.
- Ability to review and evaluate technical documents.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills in order to communicate with a variety of audiences.
- An interest in and knowledge of climate/energy/sustainability issues.
- Knowledge of community-based sustainable development and sustainability best practices.
- Experience working with local units of government and elected officials.
- Competency in working with and managing a multi-organization collaborative.
- Knowledge and/or experience related to grant administration.
- Knowledge of public policymaking process.
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the posting, which can be found by visiting the State of Minnesota job portal, clicking "Search for jobs now" and searching for "41891" the ID of this position.
If you have questions about the position, contact Patty Atchison at firstname.lastname@example.org.