Hibbing Energy Auditor & Inspector
Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
AEOA strengthens communities by providing opportunities for people experiencing social and economic challenges.
Location in MN
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, 40 hours/week
- Promotes energy conservation in the community.
- Develops and maintains the dwelling workplan, job cost process, site inspections, and quality control aspects of the program.
- Coordinates and delivers special energy conservation programs as required by funding sources.
- Develops conservation project specifications for work plans, including material and labor needs
- Inspects electrical appliances for energy efficiency and homeowner safety
- Monitors individual residential conservation improvement jobs with regular and consistent job site inspection
- Makes referrals to rehabilitation and weatherization programs to maximize resources
- Investigates complaints filed by homeowners and mediates between homeowner and contractors
- Participates in training and technical assistance programs
- Educates the general public regarding energy conservation
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience and/or training in the building construction field required
- Supervisory and building code experience preferred
- Knowledge and skills to evaluate heating systems needed
- Regularly lifts 50 lbs. and occasionally more
- Regularly climbs ladders and enters crawl spaces
- Ability to work with diverse groups including elderly, low-income, and contractors
How to Apply
Open until filled.