Home Energy Upgrade Program Developer
Flexible, largely during business hours
This role will receive support from staff within the CEF team to design an accessible program model building off of multiple years of analysis and experiential learning on the barriers low income communities and communities of color face to accessing home efficiency and electrification. The role will require detailed project management skills and the ability to integrate technical, operational, and financial expertise into a well-functioning program.
This role is initially funded for a one-year period focused on program design and establishing operational infrastructure (analytical tools, software, training, and program delivery systems) with the expectation that CEF will receive further funding from Phase 2 of the Buildings Upgrade Challenge (and organize capital from other sources) to extend this role as we launch a program in late 2024 or early 2025.
- 3 years experience in project and process management, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in residential energy efficiency and/or electrification program management, contracting, or program evaluation.
- Ability to retain and integrate complex and detailed information about residential efficiency and electrification, incentives, and program models to build a cohesive program design.
- Must be a reliable, self-motivated individual who can take direction and be trusted to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A team player with strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex team projects on a timeline.
- Commitment to the energy transition, working with community-based organizations, and empowering culturally diverse communities.
- 5+ years experience with residential energy efficiency and/or electrification program design, management, or evaluation.
- Familiarity with existing efficiency and electrification programs and services in the Twin Cities and/or experience with best practices from programs nationwide.
- Experience providing maintenance or improvement services for rental and owner-occupied housing in low-income communities and communities of color.
- Experience or familiarity with residential building science and building envelope, HVAC, heat pump, and/or appliance efficiency technology.
- Experience or familiarity with construction contracts and public incentive programs.
- Experience with meeting facilitation and developing action plans as a group.
- Experience working with federal programs or grant management.
- Existing relationships with community-based organizations in one or more target communities.
View the full job description available at www.cooperativeenergyfutures.com/hiring. Submit a Resume and a Written Statement explaining why you are interested in this position to [email protected]. We will send additional follow up questions and interview scheduling to candidates we wish to interview. This position will remain open until filled with a target start by or before January 2024.