CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications and respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, the hiring range for this position is expected to be $22.5-$23.5/hr.
Center for Energy and Environment seeks to enrich the diversity of the CEE community and encourages applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. CEE is long noted for its research, policy advocacy and programming to provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses and communities.
The HR Coordinator, in collaboration with the Human Resources team, is responsible for administration of HR processes along the employee life cycle, from recruiting to termination. The HR Coordinator is the first point of contact in HR and provides support to the HR function through onboarding, HRIS data entry, and file maintenance. This position has no direct reports.
This is a full-time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, paid parental leave, and a retirement plan.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of employee’s compensation, benefits, and personal information.
- Maintain consistent attendance during established working hours and occasional additional hours.
- Maintain current knowledge and expand understanding of regulations, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continuous improvements in productivity and service.
- Document process and procedures to create an HR operations manual.
- Assist in determination and evaluation of metrics, reports, decisions, and deliverables of the HR department in relation to established goals.
- Coordinate and assist with occasional staff events and operations events.
- Lead committees or work groups as requested by the HR Manager or Director and/or as relevant to HR tasks.
- Assist with annual financial audit and preparation of the tax form 990.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Act as the first point of contact for HR; manage the HR@mncee email account.
- Offer excellent customer service while responding to requests and questions from employees. Escalate requests and questions as necessary. Know enough about HR details (including but not limited to benefits, leaves, safety, performance, engagement, and policies and procedures) to effectively answer questions.
- Understand organization’s personnel policies and procedures; assist in their interpretation and development.
- Understand overall HR strategies, systems, and procedures across the organization.
- Support HR projects and efforts such as recognition, engagement, training, leaves of absence, fleet safety, performance reviews, performance management, open enrollment, safety, and worker’s compensation.
- Assist and support with the recruitment and interview processes.
- Post positions in HRIS and ad portals.
- Track status of candidates in HRIS, respond to candidate and hiring manager inquiries, and facilitate communication in the hiring process.
- Coordinate the new employee orientation process to provide a comprehensive on-boarding experience for all new employees.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders for new hire orientation schedule.
- Process new hires through the Onboarding module in HRIS.
- Complete required paperwork with new employees on Day One, such as I-9, W-4, acknowledgements; complete E-Verify for all new staff.
- Provide training and support to new employees regarding company time keeping methods and expectations, payroll deadlines, documentation needs, and calendars.
- Provide benefit orientation so that new staff understand their benefits options, deadlines, and online enrollment process. Describe coverage options so that staff have the information they need to maximize their benefits.
- Send onboarding surveys to new staff; build feedback into the orientation process over time to improve the new employee experience.
Staff Changes and HRIS Management
- Process and data enter changes to staff details, benefits, hires, and terminations. Ensure changes are updated in the HRIS system in time for accurate and timely payroll inclusion.
- Collaborate and communicate with payroll where their work and HR’s work intersect.
- Audit payroll and benefits records to ensure all changes are complete and reflected in payroll.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of personnel databases and filing systems, electronic and physical.
- Ensure HRIS data is complete for all HR needs such as workers compensation information, corrective action/grievance detail, licensure, motor vehicle checks, etc.
- Run quarterly employee census metrics for the CEO and Board
- Grow knowledge in the UKG system; provide support and maintenance of HRIS and other system configuration. Develop or run reports as needed using Business Intelligence.
- Coordinate the separation process by communicating with managers, employees, and stakeholders.
- Follow the separation steps -- prepare exit letter, notifying internal stakeholders, update HRIS, etc.
- Update the third party administrator regarding COBRA continuation.
- Minimum 2 year of experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 2 year of experience with HRIS systems (UKG is preferred)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work professionally with co-workers, clients and vendors
- Ability to perform duties accurately, honestly and on time
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- An orientation toward teamwork
- Ability to work independently and maintain accuracy during high-volume workload timeframes
- Develop and maintain a professional office environment and appearance
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds
Apply online by visiting us on our website!