Clean Energy Job Board
HVAC Market Development Manager
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners, and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
CEE launched a statewide Market Transformation Program in 2023, with committed and growing funding from the State of Minnesota and its utilities. This program accelerates and rapidly scales the development and adoption of emerging energy efficiency and decarbonization technologies.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The HVAC Market Development Manager is responsible for helping to catalyze residential air source heat pump (ASHP) and efficient commercial heat pump rooftop technology in the market to reach aggressive adoption goals. As part of a high-performing team at CEE, you will work with new energy-efficient technologies and find creative and impactful ways to grow adoption quickly to achieve customer and societal benefits. You are an HVAC expert who is seeking a role where you can apply your talents to a larger mission of positive change in the industry. You are persuasive and skilled at engaging HVAC installation contractors, distributors, and manufacturers in collaborating on new ways to increase adoption of energy-efficient and carbon-reducing ASHPs and RTUs. You will develop partnerships, work collaboratively with key market actors, and deliver product training for the key technologies outlined.
- Accelerate adoption of energy-efficient products through strategic supply-chain engagement, with a focus on residential ASHPs and commercial heat pump RTUs.
- Develop productive working partnerships with HVAC installation contractors, distributors, wholesalers, and equipment manufacturers to align market conditions and increase sales of key technologies.
- Develop training curriculum for installation, program, and sales trainings in collaboration with market partners.
- Deliver trainings to HVAC installation contractors (residential and commercial) to increase familiarity with efficient technology, understand installation best practices and sales techniques.
- Gather market intelligence and contribute to program strategy development.
- Track and understand technology research to assist in the development of technical best practices.
- Maintain a directory of supply chain contacts and map market players and conditions.
- Other duties as assigned / apparent.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the HVAC industry and familiarity with both installer and supply-house business models, have an ability to understand and communicate technical product information, and build a network of industry partnerships to develop activities and advance program goals. Additionally, candidates should have the ability to work in a highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment to move ideas forward; the ability to think strategically and creatively; have clear and effective communications skills for both verbal and written communication; and a passion for achieving success. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or certification in a related field required (Business, HVAC, etc.)
- 3 years’ technical experience in residential, commercial HVAC, or energy-efficiency industry required
- 3 years’ experience at HVAC installer, distributor or manufacturer company preferred
- 3 years’ experience in HVAC training or sales in a related industry preferred
- Experience working with utility energy efficiency programs preferred
- Strong motivation to work in the energy-efficiency field
- Proven track record of presentation delivery and meeting facilitation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties will also be considered.
Apply online by visiting us at https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us