IT Data Analyst
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for an IT Data Analyst position to join our team in downtown Minneapolis, MN. This position primarily supports the database environments for Nuclear business area which includes the Monticello and Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plants. This position will also be involved in supporting database environments for Transmission and Distribution business areas. The Data Analyst partners with application support teams on projects of all sizes and durations.
The Data Analyst serves as diagnostician and solution provider for data, information and business process-related analysis. They are responsible for providing technical expertise in specific data domains and incorporating data governance into daily activities. They provide expertise in the integration of data, insights and trends and solution recommendations. They enable data driven decisions for their respective domain. They partner with other analysts to extract, interpret, and perform advanced analytics.
- Analytics and Reporting: Build and deploy statistical and predictive models. Conduct data exploration to identify areas of opportunity or risk. Provide data investigation, and consultation on how data quality, integrity and/or controls can be improved. Discover trends, draw conclusions and provide actionable recommendations.
- Standards: Lead BI development to provide stable, high quality, and rapid delivery of reports and dashboards that provide business value. Work cross-organizationally to ensure data solutions are secure, efficient, and in alignment with Data and IT Enterprise Standards.
- Consultation: Work cross-organizationally to drive adoption of standard tools, and improved data integrity. Ensure IT solutions have sound data management practices. Provide subject matter expertise and consultation on data aspects of new and/or changing IT solutions.
- Capability Maturity: Champion data solutions to enhance value and fill gaps. Automate and continuously improve core data functions such as collection, extraction, transformation, quality validation, and control. Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure sound data and BI capabilities as well as understanding of the importance of quality data.
- Perform Oracle Database Administration which includes Database Backup and Recovery, Performance Tuning and Business Continuity.
- Perform SQLServer Database Administration which includes Database Backup and Recovery, Performance Tuning and Business Continuity.
- Five years of related functional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Strong communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Strong Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Excellent problem solving, data governance acumen, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience with distributed computing, data visualization, data architecture and structure, statistical modeling, and predictive modeling.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering reporting solutions and providing insight to business.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend BI solutions to fulfill business requirements.
- Previous experience with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM), RAC and Data Guard technology.
- Previous experience with T-SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, and PowerShell Scripting.
- Previous experience with SQLServer Integration Services (i.e. SSIS package development and implementation, reporting services.)
- Previous experience with Windows/SQLServer Clustering and AlwaysON Failover Cluster.
- Previous experience with Database replication technologies (i.e. mirroring, log shipping, replication.)
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
Follow instructions at the link.