IT Director II (Data Center)
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The candidate is responsible for the enterprise server, storage, back up and data center facilities teams. Leading a team of approximately 100 employees and contractors, the candidate would be responsible for executing the strategy, engineering, operations and maintenance of the data center environments.
Drives overall IT planning efforts; ensures alignment with enterprise IT strategy and standards. Manages IT portfolio in collaboration with other IT and business leaders. Responsible for IT financial budgets including capital, O&M, in servicing and value realization. Develops teams to meet evolving technology and personal competencies.
- Relationship Management: Build strong effective partnerships with internal and external teams; Strong executive presence; able to influence and navigate complex and competing interest of multiple stakeholders
- Strategy and Planning: Develop and manage strategic technology plans and roadmaps; Collaborate with IT and business leaders to build and develop the long and mid-term strategic plans to enable business objectives; Drive process improvements and IT service optimization
- Operational / Delivery Management: Manages identification, investigation and solving production problems, including preventative measures and appropriate communication to clients regarding resolution; has in-depth knowledge of business operations and drives ongoing improvements in IT performance.
- Portfolio Management: Management of the investments, projects and activities within an IT portfolio; Manage objectives, priorities, delivery and financials
- Talent Development: Develop a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development; Creates and environment of continuous learning and growth development; Develops leadership talent across the organization and develops plans for enhancing organizational talent
- Financial Management: Manages financial budgets: capital, expense and in-servicing; Manages regulatory commitments as appropriate; Effectively prioritizes financial spend based on strategic company objectives; Ensure financial prudency on behalf of customers and shareholders
- Bachelor's degree in business, IT or related field or equivalent experience
- Sound understanding of core business processes, industry trends, technology and IT environments.
- Ten years of IT experience and/or integrated utility and regulatory business.
- Experience building and developing teams. Experience managing leaders of teams.
- Exceptional relationship management and communications skills.
- Five years’ experience or more directly leading data center strategy, engineering and/or operational teams in an enterprise high-availability environment. Proven engineering and operations of DR and across multiple data centers. Demonstrated lifecycle management execution and planning for keeping hardware and software up to date.
- Experience leading automation and orchestration of Data Center services to reduce delivery times and increase reliability of delivery. Experience in leading teams deployment and management of containers and Kubernetes would be preferred.
- Master's degree
Follow instructions at the link.