IT Systems Administrator Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for administering PC system maintenance and configuration based on work direction given by senior level team members. They act as a technical owner on the respective systems they are assigned. They are responsible for operation and maintenance of existing PC systems and/or infrastructure. They collaborate with users and technical teams to support incident resolution, systems monitoring, and problem analysis. They assist in deployment of system changes, and assist senior team members with projects or systems.
- Operational Support – Install, modify, document, and maintain PC system configuration, updates and
- changes. Analyze PC requirements and performance to optimize systems configuration for
- stability. Develop scripts and automate routine tasks.
- Problem Management – Investigate and resolve problems involving complex systems. Provide
- problem identification for production incidents. Identify and implement solutions to production
- incidents. Identify and resolve production alerts. Provide support for systems testing and
- validation activities. Contribute to problem reviews.
- User Support – Provide contextual and technical information to users. Assist users in
- identifying difficult technical problems and devising solutions. Advise users on available
- approved technologies. Translate user requirements into technical solutions.
- Communications – Clearly and concisely communicate operational status whenever requested.
- Actively participate in status meetings. Prepare written status reports and responses to customer
- inquiries. Participate in meetings/communications with vendor partners.
- Five years of related functional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Demonstrated strong business and technical acumen and aptitude.
- Basic knowledge of one or more core technologies (e.g. Servers, Hosting Platforms, Network Circuits,
- Detail oriented, with ability to demonstrate strong adherence to procedure and protocol for operational
- support service tracking/ticketing.
- Strong communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets
- Strong Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross organizationally to drive innovation and business results
- Strong experience with Windows OS and general Microsoft platform technologies
- Knowledge of Windows OS deployment and methodologies
- Understanding of common application technologies (e.g. Office, Internet Explorer)
- Experience with Active Directory and supporting technologies (policy, preferences, etc.)
- Patch (OS and software) deployment remediation experience
- Understanding of system architecture and design methodologies
- Experience with scripting
- PC hardware support experience
Follow instructions at the link.