Clean Energy Job Board
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington counties is a private, 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that offers a variety of services and programs to people living in poverty in Ramsey and Washington counties.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
Schedule: 40-50 Hours/Week, 4-5 Days/Week
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and records findings using a wide range of diagnostic equipment to determine effectiveness of energy efficiency improvements. (Blower doors, infrared cameras, pressure diagnostics and worse case draft tests, etc.). Installs sidewall insulation using the dense-pack method, bypass sealing, attic insulation, foundation insulation, carpentry related repairs and many other tasks associated with improving the energy efficiency.
- Train and supervise apprentice carpenters.
- Maintain crew truck and equipment.
- Maintain an electronic account for materials used on assigned projects.
- Accurately complete various electronic forms and maintains close accountability for assigned projects.
- Assures that work orders and specifications are adhered to. Assures that change orders and variations in work assigned meets Agency contract requirements.
- Participate in ongoing training and stay abreast of issues effecting housing durability, occupant health and safety, improved weatherization techniques, building science, technology (computers, smart phone applications, etc.) and worker safety.
Education & Experience
- Status of Journeyman Carpenter as established by North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters and/or the ability to obtain Journeyman Status prior to hire.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in residential construction including retrofitting and/or remodeling/insulating existing homes.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, awareness of deadlines and ability to function independently. Good math and estimating ability.
- Experience in Department of Energy Weatherization Assistance Program and/or utility sponsored weatherization programs strongly preferred.
- Experienced in the use of blower doors, infrared cameras, pressure diagnostic equipment, worst case draft tests, and other electronic diagnostic equipment commonly used in weatherization and housing retrofitting programs strongly preferred.
- Ability to use or experience in Google applications such as G-Mail, Google Docs, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required. No major violations and no more than two minor violations in the last five years. Clean driving records are preferred.
- Ability to work with low income and multi ethnic groups and individuals.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-placement physical that includes Department of Transportation (Non-Federal DOT) medical examination, CRT test, Upper Extremity test, Grip Strength test and Medical evaluation for respirator use. Must be able to lift up to 44 pounds, carry up to 82 pounds.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check.
Please visit this link to apply.