Novel Energy Solutions, LLC team has installed over 200 projects since it's humble beginning in Sept 2012. At NES, we discuss the options with potential customers. NES has a proprietary financing model that allows the customer the flexibility to maintain their cash flow while paying for the solar array.
Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. This position frequently requires long hours and weekend work.
The Journeyman electrician performs a variety of tasks and assists other craft workers in the construction, maintenance and repair activities on solar PV systems.
- Responsible for construction of DG solar PV systems
- Provide and maintain personal hand tools
- Use and maintain company issued tools
- Work outdoors on solar installations year round
- Climb ladders, work in attics, crawl spaces, on sloped roofs and similar locations
- Perform panel upgrades and other electrical work when required
- Follow OSHA safety regulations and provided safety training
- Lift and carry tools, materials, and parts (up to 50lbs)
- Supervise and direct installers to complete all install processes and tasks
- Provide on-the-job training to apprentice electricians
- Verify all OSHA and NES safety policies and equipment are used correctly
- Ensure quality of workmanship meets or exceeds minimum industry standards
- Arrive punctually to work and diligently perform the duties and tasks assigned
- Be available for occasional overtime or emergency response
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently be on-site at the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from low to moderate. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position lifts heavy objects, 50lbs or less, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimbed coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Required Education and Experience:
- Licensed Minnesota Journeyman or Master Electrician
- High school diploma
- Drivers license and clean driving record
- Demonstrated critical thinking, organization and planning, prioritization, and follow up skills
- Demonstrated leadership and supervision skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
Preferred Education and Experience:
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification
- OSHA safety certifications
- Fall protection training
- Forklift operator experience
- Residential or solar PV construction
- First aid certified
- Competent in customer service and email correspondence