Clean Energy Job Board
Lead Software Developer
Center for Energy and Environment is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis, St. Paul’s Midway, and satellite locations in other cities. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners, and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota’s quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Depending on qualifications and experience, we expect the hiring range for this position to be $100k – 110k.
Lead Software Developer
The Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) is looking for a lead developer with both strong technical skills and the ability to lead/mentor other developers. Our team builds web application to support CEE’s wide variety of programs. Our technology stack consists primarily of Vue, PHP/Laravel, and Postgres but we also have an application built with Angular, C#, and SQL Server.
This is a full-time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), affordable medical, company-paid dental, paid parental leave, life and long term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
The Lead Software Developer will have the option of working from home or working out of our Minneapolis office. There will be periodic needs to attend in person meetings and department or organizational outings.
- Design, build, and maintain software applications
- Supervise the software development team which currently consists of two full time employees and contractors as needed
- Coach and mentor team by evaluating performance and providing feedback
- Work with the Director of IT to determine, promote, and follow best practices
- Review other developer’s code as well as ensuring that your own code is reviewed by others
- Have working knowledge of CEE’s custom software portfolio
- Assist in gathering requirements from clients and stakeholders
- Maintain issue tracking and release management
- Test new features/fixes and facilitate User Acceptance Testing
- Facilitate deployments including communicating to clients, stakeholders, and accounting
- Maintain expertise in current technologies (APIs, web development, mobile technologies, etc.)
- Select software tools, languages, libraries, and frameworks with input from other developers
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years experience in related field
- 2+ years management and supervisory experience
- Experience with best practices related to application security
- Experience with the Laravel framework and Vue.js preferred, but not required.
- Experience with version control systems (git and bitbucket preferred, but not required).
- Experience with Salesforce and Apex preferred, but not required.
- Experience with supervision/running teams and leading projects
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Apply online by going to https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us