LIHEAP Program Director
The Minnesota Department of Commerce Division of Energy Resources advocates on behalf of the public interest in regulated-utility matters; conducts environmental review of proposed energy facilities; oversees utility energy conservation programs; and administers the federal Weatherization Assistance Program and Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
This position directs and oversees all aspects of the Federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). The position is directly responsible for acquiring Federal, State and private funds for the program, for implementing the program on a statewide basis and assuring fiscal and delegate agency compliance with Federal and State program requirements.
This position sets the goals and objectives for LIHEAP, designs and implements operational policies, measures results of State program efforts, makes recommendations for public policy, rules and regulations related to LIHEAP.
This position requires substantial experience in program management, financial and budget management, comprehensive planning, procedure development and creative thinking.
This position hires and manages staff of the Office of Energy Assistance Program, assigns projects and job duties, and oversees projects including eHeat, a large, complex software data and management system for LIHEAP.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in public policy or a related field AND 3 years of supervisory/program management experience.
- OR 3 years of supervisory/program management experience AND three years of professional level experience in low-income assistance-related programs.
- Experience must include the following:
- Handling large contracts
- Managing budgets
- Public speaking
- Preparing written reports
- Working with federal grants
- Experience administrating energy programs, particularly LIHEAP related.
- Graduate degree in public administration.