Clean Energy Job Board
Center for Energy and Environment is a data-driven, consumer-focused, and community-based clean energy nonprofit with locations in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. For nearly 40 years, CEE has collaborated with utilities, governments, nonprofits, and businesses to deliver actionable research and innovative programs that reduce energy waste and harmful emissions. We're proud to operate in Minnesota, a national leader in clean energy and energy efficiency.
The hiring rate for this position is $25/hour.
The Loan Officer is responsible for processing home improvement financing applications for the Lending Center of the Center for Energy and Environment. This includes: reviewing income, credit, property value, project eligibility and determining what program is the best for the applicant. This position provides core support to the participants of the Lending Center.
The Loan Officer has no direct reports.
As a function of overall program assistance, this position may also assist with overflow work assigned from other departments and programs within CEE.
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
- Ensure compliance with CEE’s regulatory and investor guidelines, as well as customer service standards
- Provide outreach regarding CEE’s lending products to partner organizations, community members and interested parties
- Work closely with homeowners to process loan applications and determine the best program available
- Review all loan documentation for adherence to CEE’s product and program guidelines
- Must be able to calculate income, debt ratio, home equity and review consumer credit reports
- Schedule and execute loan closings as needed
- Assist in staffing phone lines
- Provides excellent customer service when working with customers and business contacts
- Attend trade shows and other community events to promote programs
- At least 20 hours of training/continuing education annually
- Other duties as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of experience as a loan officer
- Work professionally with co-workers, clients and contractors
- Working knowledge of the entire loan origination process : processing, underwriting and closing
- Well versed in lending laws, regulations and compliance
- Knowledge of Loan Origination software
- Perform duties accurately, honestly and timely
- Understanding and compliance to corporate policies and procedures
- Must have basic computer skills and high comfort level with modern office technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate excellent time management, organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Working hours are during CEE’s business hours, but evenings and weekends may be required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Apply online by going to https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us