Avant Energy is an energy management company with over 30 years of experience in energy consulting, project development and utility management services. The energy industry is rapidly changing, presenting our clients (Municipal Utilities, Colleges and Universities, Native American Tribes and Large Energy Users) with new challenges and opportunities. Our team of talented dedicated professionals works with clients to develop innovative and practical solutions based on the overarching belief that “better is possible.” Several projects have earned national recognition for our clients. Most recently, a facility we planned, developed and operate was recognized as a 2017 Top Plant in the September 2017 issue of POWER Magazine. The biogas facility in Le Sueur, a renewable energy facility we developed and operate, was featured on the cover of the December 2014 issue of POWER Magazine.
Depends on qualifications. Compensation includes a competitive base salary and an opportunity to earn an annual bonus. Our benefits package includes full medical, dental & disability insurance. Other elements include a retirement plan with matching, profit sharing, and paid personal time off. In addition, we provide ample development and training opportunities.
40 hours per week
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to provide equipment maintenance, testing, and repairs at our biogas fueled electric power plant in Le Sueur, MN. This position would be responsible for performing preventive and corrective maintenance. This entails the following:
- Conducting routine inspections of equipment and premises.
- Performing preventive maintenance.
- Testing and adjusting equipment.
- Repairing machines, pumps, valves and other equipment and/or structures as necessary.
- Work with operations to schedule maintenance outages.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Comply with OSHA safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- 3 years mechanical experience.
- Adept at troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Computer savvy.
- Ability to learn and understand the process and functionality of the plant Ability to use both hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift 40lbs plus, stooping, bending, twisting and climbing ladders.
- Willing to work evening and weekend shifts.