Manager IT Strategic Sourcing
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Responsible for development and implementation of category management and supplier relationship management programs, along with supporting sourcing strategies and initiatives, that support corporate or business unit objectives developed in close collaboration with senior leadership and key stakeholders. Manage category managers and sourcing specialists in the utilization of established strategic sourcing, category management, and supplier relationship management methodologies. Work with Supply Chain Operations to ensure that supply chain processes are consistent with and supportive of sourcing strategies. Serve as a key representative for the company in interactions with current and potential suppliers. Ensure that work complies with internal and external policies and regulations.
The primary focus and emphasis for this position is IT strategic sourcing specific to delivering the strategic and effective sourcing management of all company IT programs and projects. Therefore, expertise and prior experience in IT sourcing is strongly desired.
- Manage category managers in the development and implementation of category management programs for key segments of external spend, as well as Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programs for key suppliers.
- Works with the Director Strategic Sourcing and Director SC Operations to identify, develop, implement and monitor opportunities for process improvement and value creation initiatives. Review and analyze sourcing data, market trends, benchmarking best practices, and maintain market awareness to provide continuous improvements for sourcing strategies.
- Allocate sourcing specialists and category managers in support of category management and strategic sourcing priorities. Manage sourcing specialists and category managers in the execution of strategic sourcing and/or major project sourcing activities.
- Develop and facilitate collaborative working relationships with internal partners and the supply base through communications and timely reporting of changes in critical business matters. Provide internal customers and management regular updates on category strategies and SRM programs, including key performance metrics and status of process improvement initiatives.
- Works with the Director Strategic Sourcing to develop strategies to address changing business priorities, and to identify and recommend changes in programs and policies that drive achievement of performance objectives.
- Works with the Director Strategic Sourcing to implement skills assessment and development programs for category managers and sourcing specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Economics or related field 6 years of related work experience may substitute for degree.
- Previous management experience of at least 2 years.
- Eight years of supply chain experience required.
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and experience in all elements of supply chain including strategic sourcing, purchasing, planning and forecasting, inventory management, logistics, warehousing, and supplier relationship management.
- Experience in complex contract development and negotiation.
- Strong analytical and financial background.
- Excellent written and oral communication, project management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
Follow instructions at the link.