Clean Energy Job Board
Manager of Marketing and Customer Experience
US Solar makes solar energy accessible with simple solutions that are as good for the wallet as they are for the environment. US Solar is a developer, owner, operator, and financier of solar generation projects with a focus on emerging markets and community solar programs. Based in Minnesota, US Solar helps residents, public entities, and businesses reduce electricity costs with local, renewable energy.
Info not provided
The Manager of Marketing and Customer Experience will make it easy for the sales team to acquire and retain residential customers through direct marketing, brand development, and process improvements. Lead marketing campaigns to bring new leads to the sales team. Build and refine the experience of a customer signing up for a subscription to a community solar garden. Respond to and solve customer service inquiries and improve the post-sale customer experience to maximize customer retention and satisfaction. Leverage that customer satisfaction to yield customer referrals. Lead US Solar ‘s brand development and support cross-functional teams to develop external marketing materials.
- Build and execute marketing campaigns to creatively and effectively achieve acquisition goals and retain customers across multiple markets
- Develop and manage business processes and tools designed to streamline the acquisition and management of residential subscribers
- Oversee the US Solar website, social media platforms, press releases, and other forms of external communication
- Communicate directly with existing subscribers during customer service inquiries
- Manage one or more Customer Service team members as direct reports
- Work with the Director of Origination and Residential Sales Manager on the development of new sales campaigns, materials, and process/training improvements, etc.
- Support key functional teams, including commercial origination, legal, finance, and operations
- At least four years of experience in marketing, customer relations, or similar role with a strong track record of success (preferred experience in solar, energy efficiency, or financial product)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience developing and executing sales campaigns, communication materials, and online tools that support a service sale
- Prior experience managing or leading cross-functional, dispersed sales or marketing teams to drive progress against key schedule and sales volume-related milestones
- Demonstrates understanding of multiple facets of marketing management, sales, customer service, and power marketing
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills (verbal and written) with superiors, colleagues, partners, and stakeholders
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated achiever with ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Problem solver
- Enthusiasm and passion for the renewable energy industry