Market Manager- Lighting Market Transformation
CEE Background: CEE is a data-driven, consumer-focused, and community-based clean energy nonprofit with locations in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. For nearly 40 years, CEE has collaborated with utilities, governments, nonprofits, and businesses to deliver actionable research and innovative programs that reduce energy waste and harmful emissions. We have established a national reputation for innovation and excellence in program implementation, our emerging technology and field research team, our involvement and expertise with local and state policy work, and our work with communities. We collaborate regularly with partners and employ curious people who share a passion for the organization’s mission. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance. Our staff includes creative and pragmatic environmentalists, program developers and implementers, engineers and technical experts and research professionals. Our organizational culture is professional but easy-going, with a deep emphasis on collaboration, innovation, and technical expertise. We are proud to operate in Minnesota, a national leader in clean energy and energy efficiency, and increasingly employ staff across the nation.
Market Transformation Team: CEE launched a statewide Market Transformation Program in 2023, with committed and growing funding from the State of Minnesota and its utilities. This program accelerates and rapidly scales the development and adoption of emerging energy efficiency and decarbonization technologies. Focusing on one of the most promising technologies in the team’s portfolio, the LLLC initiative seeks to accelerate the adoption of light fixtures with embedded sensors and controls to streamline installations and increase connected lighting for a smarter built environment and to reduce strain on the electric grid. Led by an expert with hands-on experience in the industry, this initiative requires a Market Manager to work closely with local market actors to ensure projects in Minnesota include LLLCs.
Depending upon qualification and education, the hiring range for this position is expected to be $75-$80K.
As a Market Manager specializing in Luminaire Level Lighting Controls (LLLCs), you will hold a crucial role in our organization, focusing on expanding our market presence and driving widespread adoption of LLLCs. Your primary responsibility will involve cultivating and maintaining relationships with key market actors, including contractors, systems integrators, corporate sustainability professionals, and specifiers. Through strategic engagement and collaboration, you will champion the integration of LLLCs into a broader range of projects, facilitating a sustainable and efficient approach to lighting solutions.
- Market Stakeholder Engagement and Relationship Building:
- Develop and nurture relationships with contractors, systems integrators, sustainability representatives, fostering understanding and awareness of LLLCs
- Execute engagement strategies, outlining the benefits and potential value of LLLCs for specific projects and document market stakeholder involvement.
- Growth of Commercial Construction Market Penetration:
- Actively pursue and secure projects, driving segment growth and achieving sales targets for LLLCs.
- Collaborate with market stakeholders to analyze tender invitations, prepare comprehensive bids aligning with tender specifications, and track project outcomes.
- Strategically expand market reach by targeting prioritized areas or sectors within the commercial construction industry.
- Recruit and identify pilot projects and execute support of these installations.
- Project & Technical Support Coordination:
- Develop technical support contacts and tools, coordinating adequate support for project-related technical queries and challenges.
- Document all technical support coordination activities, ensuring timely resolution of technical concerns
- Organize and lead construction project coordination meetings, involving various market stakeholders including:
- Manufacturer’s representatives,
- Installers, and
- End users and customer representatives
to ensure alignment of project requirements and expectations including:
- Reviewing specifications,
- Establishing controls objectives
- Defining system capabilities
- Assessing system architecture
- Documenting control intent narratives and sequences of operations
- Facilitating systems integrations,
- Scheduling trainings (ie. Operations and maintenance, installation, programming, etc.)
- Identifying action items and ensuring responsible parties are assigned, progress is tracked and objectives progress through completion
- Document all project coordination activities, including meeting attendees, responsible parties, action items assigned, applicable next steps, timelines and expected outcomes.
- Market Insights and Analysis:
- Identify relevant key players and drive participation in market research to identify emerging trends and market demands related to energy-efficient lighting technologies for optimal market penetration and adoption.
- Stay informed about technological advancements and industry developments to tailor our approach accordingly.
- Document trends to inform initiative strategy and contribute to the initiative’s outreach including newsletter and blog.
- Education, Training, Promotion and Advocacy:
- Develop and deliver training programs on LLLCs, represent the organization at industry events, and engage in industry associations to foster partnerships.
- Develop educational programs and workshops aimed at educating market stakeholders on the benefits and applications of LLLCs.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create engaging marketing materials and resources.
- Adapt and tailor content based on relevant audiences from large broad-based groups to 1:1 specialized consultation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in commercial construction industries or a related field, with strong relationships among local commercial construction contractors, systems integrators, or corporate sustainability professionals
- Demonstrated experience in navigating the commercial construction tendering process, including understanding bid documents, specifications, and proposal requirements.
- Strong knowledge of tendering platforms, submission procedures, and exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation abilities
- Strong motivation to work in the energy-efficiency field
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel in-state required
- Experience with project facilitation, lighting controls systems, and/or building automation systems integration preferred
- Familiarity with commercial energy codes, especially ASHRAE 90.1-2019, as pertaining to lighting controls requirements considered an asset
- LC, PMP qualifications considered an asset
An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties will also be considered.
If you are passionate about sustainable lighting solutions and possess the skills to drive market transformation, we invite you to apply and be a part of our team. Together, we can make a difference in the future of energy-efficient buildings.
Apply online by visiting us on our website!