MNCIFA Administrative Program Manager
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
About Climate Innovation Finance Authority
The purpose of the Minnesota CIFA is to accelerate the deployment of clean energy projects, greenhouse gas emissions reduction projects, and other qualified projects through the strategic deployment of public funds in the form of grants, loans, credit enhancements, and other financing mechanisms.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected] and indicate what assistance is needed.
- Salary Range: $43.94 - $63.02 / hourly; $91,746 - $131,585 / annually
- Classified Status: Unclassified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 220-Manager/Unrep
- End Date: Up to one year with the possibility of extension.
- Job Class: State Program Administrator, Manager Principal
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Climate Innovation Finance Authority/CIFA - Managerial
- Division/Unit: CIFA
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: Yes - Up to 30% of the time
This is a Temporary Unclassified position anticipated to last one year (with possible extension).
This position exists to advance initial activities require to establish the Minnesota Climate Innovation Finance Authority (MNCIFA) on behalf of the Minnesota Department of Commerce. The purpose of MNCIFA is to accelerate the deployment of clean energy projects, greenhouse gas emissions reduction projects, and other qualified projects through the strategic deployment of public funds in the form of grants, loans, credit enhancements, and other financing mechanisms. This position will provide leadership and strategic direction to stand up MNCIFA - a new state agency - in collaboration with Commerce Division of Energy Resources leadership.
Duties will include: to work with the board of directors to develop organizational documents and policies, to guide initial relationship building with stakeholders, and to launch initial opportunity assessments in keeping with the legislative statute. The incumbent in this position will lead initial efforts to ensure that MNCIFA leverages existing public and private sources of capital, in particular the Environmental Protection Agency National Greenhouse Gas Reduction Funds and US Department of Energy Loan Programs Office, to reduce the upfront and total cost of qualified projects and to overcome financial barriers to project adoption, especially in low-income communities.
Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or other field relevant to the position AND 4 years strategic leadership experience, supervisory, management experience.
Advanced degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or other field relevant to the position AND 3 years strategic leadership experience, supervisory, management experience.
Equivalent combination of education and experience (as outlined above)
- Experience developing governance practices and procedures.
- Experience in the clean energy / climate field.
- Experience advancing outcomes toward delivering benefits to environmental justice and disadvantaged communities.
- Experience analyzing financial data and legal compliance requirements, including laws, federal regulations, and state rules, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Minnesota stakeholders with potential interest in and opportunity to benefit from MNCIFA financing.
- Knowledge of national GreenBank opportunities and models.
- Background and experience in standing up and implementing new initiatives or programs.
- Excellent communication and relational management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team under ever changing conditions.
Job offer is contingent upon passing reference checks to verify job-related credentials, a criminal background check and drivers’ license check prior to appointment.
- Job ID: 69256
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of the posting page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected]. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Jody Northouse at [email protected].