O & M Technician
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The O&M Technician provides the organization with a knowledgeable, multi-skilled, troubleshooting expert who operates and maintains a 357 MW simple cycle power station. This position requires highly flexible individuals that work various shift schedules in a Team environment performing various team support functions.
- The O&M Technician will be a team player performing operations, maintenance and technical support to achieve safe, cost effective operation and maintenance of the Cannon Falls energy center.
- Operate the facility during start-up, shutdown, normal and emergency conditions in accordance with operating procedures and instructions to maintain a safe and efficient operation. This will include solo operations at times.
- Maintain and trouble-shoot mechanical, electrical and or control systems in a simple cycle power plant. While the preference would be for a mechanical background, electrical and control systems experience will be considered.
- Perform/direct housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean safe work environment and professional appearance.
- Work within and ensure strict adherence to all safety and environmental procedures.
- The O&M Technician will work various shifts and be subject to scheduled and unscheduled overtime
- Minimum 4 years of directly related operations, mechanical, electrical or instrumentation and controls experience (I&C) experience in a power generation facility or minimum four years of directly related mechanical, electrical or instrumentation and controls experience maintaining large industrial equipment.
- Education in mechanical maintenance, electrical maintenance or instrument and controls.
- GE 7FA experience a plus but not required.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
Follow instructions at the link.