Clean Energy Job Board
Office and Administrative Specialist
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul’s Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota’s quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Facility Management/Front Desk/Admin
- Maintain the general appearance of the downtown office location, including wiping down common office spaces such as the breakroom and conference rooms, as well as copy room and printing stations.
- Receive and respond to messages in the administrative email inbox in a timely manner.
- Manage the facility including building access and security, using dedicated FOB software; and building maintenance; office equipment; office supplies, and company invoices.
- Professionally greet and direct guests, including vendors, clients, and customers at the front desk and over the phone.
- Perform cash receipt process in accordance with internal control procedures. Work with accounting to reconcile bank deposits and credit card expenses.
- Maintain paper records for all departments in accordance with internal retention policies.
- Assist employees with meeting set up and food orders.
- Assist employees with office phone/general technology questions including conference room computers and projectors; work with IT to resolve.
- Coordinate contract and guest parking and help manage the company HourCar account.
- Attend biweekly administrative staff meetings; follow up on tasks and projects.
- Facilitate biweekly conference calls to coordinate organization-wide administrative projects with the Office and Administrative Specialist in the St. Paul office.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail and packages.
- Staff morale – monthly birthday and anniversary treats, sending flowers, and setting up staff lunches. Post and promote job listing on various sites.
- Staff photos.
- Assist departments with program filings.
- Sending our mailings for departments as needed.
- Assistance with other departmental administrative tasks as needed.
Metropolitan Airports Commission Scanning project
- Scan folders.
- Review folders and confirm that all documents scanned properly, rescanning as necessary.
- Name scanned folders and move to proper location.
- Document folders that have been scanned on master address list.
- Coordinate destruction of folders once electronic files has been made.
- Work on-site at MAC offices to prepare folders for transport to CEE’s main office, when necessary.
Back up for the following duties
- Post all open jobs to various external websites and community partner forums.
- Administer MetroPass, Metro GoTo Card.
- Provide data downloads for the research staff.
- Prepare for new hires including, compiling orientation materials, maintaining the phone directory, office tours, providing FOB, etc.
- Monthly reconciliations including Neopost, bulk mailing, and business reply mail.
- Understand and adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
- Understand and follow processes and procedures required for the job.
- Attend trainings as requested and read organization-wide emails and correspondence.
- Check your email each working day, respond promptly and use the calendaring system.
- Adhere to job duty and attendance expectations as directed by your supervisor.
- Other tasks as assigned or apparent.
- 1-2 years of administrative support experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and great attention to detail.
- Work professionally with co-workers, clients, and vendors.
- Perform duties accurately, honestly, and timely.
- Must demonstrate excellent time-management and organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have basic computer skills and high comfort level with modern office technology. Specific experience with Excel a plus.
2 years: Administrative Experience preferred
Apply online by visiting us at https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us!