Operations and Maintenance Technician
Energy Support Services is a distributed solar energy management company that manages projects that range in size from 50kW – 10MW. The assets that ESS manages are a unique blend of system design and geographic diversity. As a fully owned subsidiary of New Energy Equity (end-to-end solar project development and management including development, financing, utility interconnection, engineering, procurement and construction management), ESS gains access and exposure to self-developed and third-party opportunities nationwide. ESS is seeking an O&M Service Technician to help us expand and grow our capabilities as an industry leading Asset Management and O&M Service company.
$55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Perform Inspection, maintenance and repair of solar electric systems.
- Identify problems and develop corrective action plans in coordination with Field Asset Manager and Operations Manager.
- Travel to project sites and vendor locations as assigned to complete on-site installation, repair, maintenance, oversight, and modifications as required.
- Participate in electrical and mechanical component inspections, testing, repair, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Operate in 600Vac, 1500Vdc, and non-hazardous situations without direct supervision.
- Provide timely written reports of field operations, status and constructive feedback to ESS team.
- Communicate effectively with internal team and third-party vendors and actively participate in team meetings.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Utilize Data Acquisition and Asset Management software to troubleshoot and log daily activities.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences on site. Document time, material and travel expenses for the completion of daily responsibilities.
- Maintain storm water management and vegetative growth on site.
- Reside in, or around, the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul) area.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree or technical certification in related technical field preferred; NABCEP certified PV Installation Professional highly preferred.
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician.
- Two (2) to Four (2) years of demonstrated experience operating and maintaining power generation systems, preferably in solar technologies preferred.
- Familiarity with electrical systems and solar photovoltaics.
- Proficient with I/V curve tracing software and thermographic analysis.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and ability to interact with host customers, clients and landowners.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to travel on short notice and be available during non-traditional working hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe and Outlook and proven ability to learn new software programs.
- Self-starter with strong time management skills.
Follow instructions at the link.