For more than 27 years, Fresh Energy has been speeding Minnesota's transition to a clean energy economy to ensure that our region enjoys good health, a vibrant economy, and thriving communities today and for generations to come. Our mission is to shape and drive realistic, visionary energy policies that benefit all. Together we are working toward a vision for an economy we thrive in and energy that ensures our well-being.
Starting salary range is $75,000-85,000 for applicant meeting or exceeding minimum job requirements.
Full-time, exempt position, working 40 hours per week. We believe in work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
Are you skilled at running the business end of a nonprofit? Are you excited to help change the world by managing effective internal operations and directing a positive, employee-friendly culture? Do you want to work with a skilled and high-energy team of professionals and make a significant impact at an innovative nonprofit working to speed the transition to clean energy?
Fresh Energy is hiring for a full-time Operations Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will take over very strong and stable organizational systems and help Fresh Energy grow and continually improve. The Operations Director oversees a range of internal organizational operations including human resources, performance and professional development systems, business technology, and organizational office systems and culture, encompassing operational aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This position supervises our administrative and human resources associate as well as our contract accounting team. We're looking for someone who knows how to run an effective business, is familiar with the unique challenges and opportunities around nonprofit management, is skilled with human resources, financial oversight, and nonprofit governance, and has the passion and people skills to continue and build on Fresh Energy as a strong organization and great place to work.
See the link for more information.
Bachelor's degree plus three years of directly related senior management experience including the management of funds and staff. A Master's degree in Business, Human Resources, Nonprofit Management or other related field preferred.
- Nonprofit director level experience preferred.
- Ability to work with a high degree of cultural competency with a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Strong self-starter with a record of success.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures that align with a high trust/high expectations culture and lead staff in their implementation.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit best practices.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to human resources.
- Skill in developing and managing budgets including compensation and benefits.
- Proven ability to effectively supervise and manage as well as coach other mangers in supervisory skills to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Technologically savvy, with experience overseeing information technology staff or vendors.
- Ability to work with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of financial management and accounting.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Fresh Energy.
E-mail cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jillian Theuer at email@example.com with the subject line "Operations Director". No phone calls, please.