Clean Energy Job Board
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation. National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
Info not provided
National Grid Renewables seeks a Performance Engineer to support its growing pipeline of operating wind and solar assets. This role will enhance the capabilities of the energy assessment team, which supports all phases of the project lifecycle, and work closely with the operations and asset management teams to maximize performance of the operational assets.
- Analyze meteorological and subsystem-level data from operating assets
- Identify, track and report on performance issues
- Provide contract negotiation and warranty support to operations, procurement, and project finance teams.
- Predict energy output from wind and solar power projects
- Validate third-party work products
- Experience performing post-construction wind and solar energy assessments
- Strong technical computing skills and ability to learn new tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and scientific programming software (e.g. MATLAB, Python)
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of renewable energy industry standards and best practices
- Degree in relevant engineering, mathematics, or other scientific field
- At least 3 years experience in similar role
- Strong written and oral communication skills