Clean Energy Job Board
Policy Regulation & Markets Manager (REN 13190)
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
The Manager of Policy, Regulation, and Markets for the eastern region is a key external-facing role, responsible for advocacy and monitoring of a broad range of policy and regulatory issues before state decision-making bodies while coordinating efforts with regional transmission/market operators. The Manager communicates regularly with Avangrid Renewables business groups including Asset Management, Energy Management, Origination, and Development to ensure awareness of new and emerging policy, regulatory and market issues.
- Develops, coordinates and implements policy and regulatory strategy working with the Managing Director, External Affairs and in accordance with overall company business objectives, in collaboration with interested internal groups.
- Monitors and analyzes company filings and on-going activities before applicable Federal and State Regulatory Commissions including rulemaking activities, ongoing litigation and other regulatory activities that may affect the company.
- Participates in policy and regulatory advocacy work in state governments, either through regional and state advocacy organizations (e.g., Clean Grid Alliance) or directly for Avangrid Renewables.
- Collaborates with other internal groups and Avangrid on Company filings in FERC dockets such as rulemakings, report filings, contested proceedings (both the Company's and other companies' proceedings), and Company-initiated filings.
- Monitors and analyzes regulatory, rules, policies and market activity. Communicates to appropriate Company personnel information on regulatory filings/decisions, the Company's position on regulatory issues, regulatory personnel changes, etc., via office visits, telephone or through timely written summaries.
- Acts as a supporting point of reference for Avangrid Renewables’ onshore and offshore businesses on market-specific operational and tariff information in the two relevant organized markets in order to optimize economic impact of new or existing market participation.
- Confers with other departments within the Company to ensure compliance with Federal statutes and regulatory rules as they relate to the Company's participation in wholesale energy markets.
- Coordinates the submission of external Company filings with regulatory agencies on a timely basis and in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, political science, or related work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven to 10 years Energy Industry experience most of which is focused on policy, regulatory, or organized markets work.
- Knowledge of energy law and utility regulation particularly with respect to power generation.
- Able to dissect existing or proposed market structures and determine both economical and operations impacts on current practices then propose / implement alternative solutions which will maximize profitability.
Additional Success Factors
- Ability to foster and participate in a productive team environment by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Creative thinking, grounded in making the company successful.
- Work effectively with a range of people representing diverse skill sets and perspectives.
- Effectively provides and receives information orally in individual and group situations. Written expression is clear, concise, and conveys the desired message.
- Ability to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed reporting structure, preferably at an international company.
Follow instructions at the link.