Power Delivery Permitting Lead
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2018, Westwood received Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For and Marketing Excellence awards, ranked on industry top 25 lists, and received recognition for its involvement on award-winning projects nationwide.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Power Delivery Permitting Lead to join our team in our Minneapolis, Minnesota office. This is a leadership position will work on power delivery and transmission permitting projects. A opportunity to manage natural resource assessment and permitting efforts for energy transmission projects. You will with Westwood staff to build levels of expertise, serve as key business development resource for energy clients, and identify strategic initiatives for expansion of existing and new clients. Partner with the environmental service leader to anticipate workloads, project resource needs and identify needs for additional offerings and skills. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
- Collaborate with market and division leaders, senior Westwood staff, project managers, and subject matter experts to pursue job opportunities and successfully execute energy permitting the projects.
- Develop client relationships in pursuit of expanding market presence for environmental services and other Westwood service offerings.
- Coordinate with internal corporate resources, direct contact and relationship building with clients and direct regulatory agency contact.
- Facilitate marketing efforts and proposal preparation for environmental and other services.
- Maintain contacts within the industry to monitor development trends, regulator initiatives and market forces.
- Working knowledge of energy project permitting, federal and state environmental studies, agency guidelines for renewable energy.
- Strong experience and knowledge of key energy-producing-state regulatory processes, energy developer operating procedures, industry trends and regulatory initiatives.
- Approximately 15-20 years of experience in environmental studies and facility permitting.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulatory structures, existing energy projects and key developers in the renewable energy circle.
- Proficiency with business development and client tracking software, such as Deltek Vision.
- Proficiency with project management including multiple-service projects and cost management.
- Must be a supportive of corporate market initiatives.
- Proficiency in technical writing including proposals, subject matter reports and permit applications.
- Effective written and verbal communication is necessary and independent judgment is essential.
- Mentors and coaches staff on technical writing, agency coordination and approval process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in earth sciences, engineering or related field.
- Experience with route and site permits in multiple states, federal NEPA process including EA and EIS.