Clean Energy Job Board
Center for Energy and Environment is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, we expect the hiring range for this position to be $23.50 - $25.00/hr.
We are seeking a candidate motivated by our mission to catalyze the reduction of energy and carbon emissions. This Program Coordinator will join our Market Transformation Team at CEE and be highly organized, self-directed, and proactive in their approach to work. The program coordinator needs to be agile and goal oriented as they help the CEE team achieve energy savings and decarbonization goals through our market transformation programs. Specifically, the program coordinator will be working on a statewide collaborative to advance air-source heat pump technology in Minnesota (a technology crucial to the decarbonization of space heating). The program coordinator will help deliver this program and conduct a wide range of activities to ensure we achieve our program goals.
The ideal candidate will have a background in energy efficiency, superior people skills, and the ability to complete data analysis and write reports. They will have a team-oriented approach and be willing to complete day-to-day tasks as well as step up and take on higher responsibilities when needed. This position will be especially attractive to candidates who wish to grow their skills and career prospects by working and training with recognized efficiency experts.
Market Transformation Team:
CEE is launching a statewide Market Transformation Program in 2023, with committed and growing funding from the State of Minnesota and its utilities. The purpose of this program is to accelerate the development and adoption of emerging energy efficiency technologies. With about half our positions filled by internal staff, we are building and expanding on this dream team of talent to launch and grow our Market Transformation Program into a major new source of energy and carbon reductions in the state.
- Play an integral part in an energy efficiency market transformation program
- Assist in stakeholder engagement and communication by drafting written communications, crafting program reports, coordinating meetings, documenting action items and coordinating next steps
- Conduct outreach with HVAC contractors and distributors
- Develop presentations, program resources and training materials
- Present program information and updates to key stakeholders
- Track program activities and impacts to measure against key performance indicators and provide recommendations on program improvements
- Collect and analyze program data and summarize results
- Lead development of quarterly and annual reports
- Gather market intelligence and contribute to program strategy development
- Assist with program planning, budgeting, invoicing and general program management
- Other duties as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent years of experience in relevant field required
- 2 years of previous experience in coordinator or similar role required
- 2 years of experience in sustainable energy or related field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to craft clear and compelling deliverables
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and on a variety of tasks
- Exceptional organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel required; proficiency with Tableau.
- Some in-state travel, expected to account for about 10% of working hours
- Ability to work in fast-paced, outcome-driven environment with responsibilities to meet deadlines and program goals
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Apply online by visiting https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us