Grid Catalyst is a Midwest clean energy accelerator developing equitable pathways for innovators and commercializing solutions for northern climates. Our program was developed to address gaps and inequities preventing the most promising clean energy innovation from entering the marketplace. Together with regional partners, we will shift the market to more effectively address climate change, grow clean energy businesses and jobs, and improve access and equitable economic development outcomes.
As the Grid Catalyst Program Manager, you will play a pivotal role in managing and shaping our energy and cleantech accelerator program and strengthening our regional innovation ecosystem. This is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about working with people and communities to create more pathways for emerging technologies and entrepreneurs. The position best suits someone with strong project management and writing skills and an interest in business, economic development, energy, climate, and/or technology. Put your talent to work strengthening existing Grid Catalyst programs and developing new programming to elevate Minnesota as a go-to place for energy and cleantech entrepreneurship and innovation.
This is a hybrid position open to candidates located in Minnesota. Work will primarily be remote, with co-working space available in Minneapolis. Occasional in-person event attendance, mostly in the Twin Cities, is required. Depending on the candidate's location, virtual and in-person team collaboration will be designed together.
- Support the launch and development of new programs, including the Minnesota Energy Alley platform with partner Clean Energy Economy Minnesota. This work includes program development, partner and community outreach, and entrepreneur networking and support.
- Manage existing Grid Catalyst programs (PowerNorth Incubator and Demonstration Cohort), including application processes, startup and innovator engagement, partner development, and related communications.
- Collaborate with the team and partners to develop new programming to further our mission and commitment to emerging and underserved entrepreneurs, as outlined by our Equity and Access roadmap.
- Lead the design of new programming based on industry best practices, emerging trends, and new opportunities to strengthen the Minnesota energy and cleantech innovation ecosystem.
- Support communications function, which may include communications planning, content development for web, social media, newsletter, and partner communications.
- Support fundraising and grant writing efforts to enable future programming improvements and expanded services.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with cohort members, industry partners, and other entrepreneurial support organizations, incubators, and accelerators.
- Ensure the success of active programs through communication, engagement, and regular feedback
- Educational or professional background in key industries is preferred: finance, business, communications, environmental science, renewable energy, or other relevant studies. A college degree is not required.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for clean energy solutions and a passion for driving positive change in the industry.
- Knowledge of energy and environmental topics.
- Experience with community organizing.
- Experience with web content management and social media content management.
- Experience with graphic management or Canva.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and motivation for applying. Please apply online or send your application to [email protected].
The posting will remain open until filled, but priority will be given to those who submit by December 1, 2023.
Grid Catalyst is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.