Applied Energy Group (AEG) is an AMERESCO company that provides a wide range of energy efficiency related management services to assist clients in designing and implementing programs for their customers.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
40 hours per week
Applied Energy Group (AEG) is seeking a Program Manager to join the growing DSM Implementation and Contract Administration team.
- The position will perform DSM project and program management activities primarily for a Minnesota based utility client.
- The scope of work for this client will include deliverables from AEG business lines such as technology, program planning, contract administration and implementation.
- The work scopes will also involve tracking the completion of sub-contract deliverables from other program and platform implementors.
- The focus will be on direct project management of implementation tasks, marketing, trade ally relationship development & management and overall program management of AEG and non-AEG subcontractors with the end-goal of achieving program savings targets.
- Project management activities will be heavy through startup phases and will shift to operational management, tracking and reporting, status reporting, relationship management and continuous improvement.
- This position will require occasional travel for client meetings.
- In addition, the Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Management of implementation staff, developing program plans, action item and task logs, follow up on tasks status and issues and identification of risks and mitigations;
- Receiving and reviewing invoices from sub-contractors and consolidating with AEG invoices for submittal to the utility client.
- Ensuring matrixed AEG teams and non-AEG subcontractors are tracking spend against budget and projections and direct responsibility for the same for implementation and overall contract management teams, and escalating projected overages to the client in coordination with AEG portfolio management;
- Identifying skill and workload coverage risks and gaps;
- Gauging and developing staff capabilities, and negotiating resource availability from within the AEG organization;
- Communicating with client contacts at multiple levels of the organization, including in-person and remote contact;
- Maintaining high customer satisfaction;
- Pursuing new program solutions that lead to more cost-effective results.;
- Developing strategy and tactics that focus on delivering cost-effective savings with the goal of achieving program, sector and portfolio goals.;
- Coaching and mentoring mid-level team members.
- BS/BA in Management, Project Management, Engineering, Energy Efficiency, IT or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience Minimum of 5 years of project management experience with demonstrated ability to manage schedule, project risks, and budgets.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Working knowledge of Minnesota regulatory and policy landscape relative to Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) is strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal, written, and consulting skills.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to follow through on multiple tasks and priorities.
- Work experience focusing energy efficiency program planning, design, and implementation are preferred.
- Experience Managing complex projects ideally in DSM Programming / Energy Efficiency.
- Experience projecting and tracking budgets, developing status reporting, managing issues to resolution, and forecasting impacts on critical and non-critical paths is required.
- Ability to develop strong subject matter expertise to recommend and implement cost effective solutions.
- Results-oriented team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience managing external vendors/parties is preferred.
- Much of the matrixed delivery will involve direct or indirect delivery of technology components, therefore experience in technology project management is a plus.
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state required.
- May be required to pass security clearance.