Clean Energy Job Board
Program Manager, Large Scale Clean Energy Demonstration Support
L&A is a woman-owned and operated small business with more than 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical and other support to the DOE and NNSA complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories. We specialize in providing long-term and quick turnaround support in mission assurance, field operations support, regulatory assurance, project delivery and business strategy and execution.
L&A is a recognized and trusted small business partner within the US Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex, providing technical and programmatic expertise to enable successful completion of mission objectives. L&A is seeking an experienced, proven, and high-performing Program Manager to be at the forefront of L&A’s technical and programmatic support to DOE’s newly formed Office of Clean Energy Demonstration (OCED), supporting the implementation of a diverse investment project portfolio that will accelerate clean energy technologies and support US climate goals of net zero emissions by 2050. Primary support efforts relate to project management and oversight, and involve procedure development, training, and development and implementation of successful strategies to support large scale field demonstration projects.
Salary is commensurate with Education and Experience. L&A offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Flexible hours and work schedules.
Under the general direction of L&A’s Senior Vice President for Operations (Eastern Region), the OCED Program Manager (PM) develops, implements, and advances OCED's strategy for establishing their operating framework, as well as future support tasks. The OCED PM works with internal and external OCED customers to determine needs, schedules, and product requirements and will develop working relationships with senior industry executives and Federal Program and Projects Managers to meet their expectations. Building and maintaining trust and confidence will be an essential part of future success and will necessitate the PM being based in the Washington DC metro area to facilitate frequent direct interfacing with the U.S. Department of Energy client.
OCED is a multi-technology office responsible for overseeing more than $20B of investment in large scale demonstrations in emerging technologies such as clean hydrogen, carbon capture, advanced nuclear reactors, grid-scale energy storage, industrial emissions reductions as well as demonstrations in rural and socioeconomically disadvantaged regions. As the Program Manager, you will lead a team of subject matter experts to deliver timely and high-quality products and services to OCED. This will involve oversight, management, and guidance of the overall support; planning and coordination with junior and senior-level executives within OCED and with L&A leadership. The PM will be the voice and entry point for L&A to ensure OCED is obtaining effective program structure, sound fiscal stewardship, customer satisfaction, and addressing other business administrative issues.
It is envisioned that this position will also include contract management of L&A’s overall support to DOE’s Office of Project Management.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and direct L&A SMEs and team members
- Lead, develop, implement, and advance OCED's strategy for establishing their operating framework
- Lead, develop, implement future support tasks
- Work with internal and external OCED customers to determine needs, schedules, and product requirements
- Develop working relationships with senior executives and ensure regular touch points established to meet their expectations
- Monitor and analyze project performance
- Prepare and review invoices
- Performance management of subordinate staff
- Perform L&A PM roles and responsibilities, ensuring effective integration of OCED project (and others, if assigned) within L&A’s execution portfolio
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of/experience with federal agency programs and procedures
- Expert knowledge on project management principles and industry best practices
- Familiarity with management and oversight of Cooperative Agreements
- Familiarity with Clean Energy technologies
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to lead and manage geographically distributed staff and projects.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse clients, including both remote and in person climates
- Ability to work in true collaboration with L&A senior managers, subordinate project managers and performers and clients to lead and direct L&A activities and projects.
- Commitment to L&A Core Values and ability to represent L&A in highly effective manner in interactions with DOE and NNSA and industry clients, as part of governance responsibilities
- Ability to monitor and analyze project performance and provide L&A senior management reliable data and recommendations regarding project status, risks and opportunities
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
Experience and Education
- 15-20 years of directly related technical and project/program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Graduate degree preferred
- PMP or previous federal project director certification preferred
- Ability to obtain DOE site badge and eligibility to obtain a DOE Security Clearance, including ability to meet all L&A employment background check requirements.
Please visit our career page and click on the link below