Project Deployment & Support Technician
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
This level is intended to perform as an assistant to an experienced technician. The PDS Technician, under specific direction from the PDS Supervisor, providing O&M services at renewable energy projects, including but not limited to inspections, preventative maintenance, and corrective repairs, as needed. This field technician will be expected to travel for extended periods of time working on EDF Renewables projects as needed. When the PDS Technician is not traveling, he/she will be based at his/her assigned home site and will be directed by the Site Supervisor for that site. While traveling on behalf of EDF Renewables, you are expected to represent our organization and our core values at all times.
PDS Technicians spend 100% of their time in the field, excluding safety; supervisor and scheduled training exercises. Wind and Solar Technicians work in teams and are provided a company vehicle (service truck) in which they carry the required tools and parts necessary to perform repairs and/or maintenance on turbines in multiple wind fields on any given day. Generally, Service Technicians work in extreme weather conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any work for which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safely.
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field.
- Grease/torque Solar Plants/wind turbines.
- May also service Solar Plants/turbines based on the type of Solar Plant/turbine (manufacturer) in multiple Solar Plants and/or wind fields.
- Perform “status” checks including clearing “error” codes on Solar Plants/turbines and repairing the problems.
- Replace mechanical components.
- Service blade and hub components as required by turbine type.
- Complete on a daily basis, work orders, time cards and any other required paperwork for the specific project/assignment.
- All other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor or his/her designee.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school or equivalent: or up to one year related experience or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training program for the entry level wind or solar technician.
- Able to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge.
- Able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to: Stand, climb, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work at heights, including climbing up and descending towers, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights.
- Able to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is mechanically inclined.
- Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as well as on public roads and highways. Must have a current driver’s license with a good DMV printout.
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment.
Follow instructions at the link.