EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Based on qualifications.
40 hours per week.
Scope of Position:
This position is directly responsible to work in a team environment with EDF Renewables development group to drive all aspects of project development and business development for EDF Renewables. The ideal candidate has 3+ years relevant experience and possesses a broad range of capabilities including strong project development expertise, quantitative skills, business & market analytics, technical analytics, public policy understanding in the energy industry.
70% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers, 30% of the time is spent in the field progressing project development.
- Work collaboratively across EDF Renewables other functional groups and with outside contractors to contribute in all aspects of project development from conceptualization through feasibility analyses, organization, design, entitlement, interconnection, power marketing, and contract negotiations.
- Perform market and policy research and analysis of renewable energy technologies and markets to quantify market potential to cultivate penetration strategies.
- Lead project origination and negotiation of new project opportunities in targeted markets. Create project feasibility reports.
- Assist in RFP bid responses, create market penetration strategies, develop marketing materials, and aide in the support of negotiation efforts for projects.
- Represent EDF Renewables in PPA negotiations, in partnership with EDF Renewables Power Marketing and Legal departments.
- Develop and cultivate strategic relationships with equipment suppliers, contractors, regulatory and government bodies, and other potential sources of business.
- Aide in the cultivation and implementation of internal policies and procedures that will facilitate streamed lined growth of EDF Renewables business units and provide greater interdepartmental efficiency and transparency.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) in Business, Economics, Environmental Studies or Engineering. Demonstrated development or project management experience
- Course work that demonstrates strong analytic, quantitative skills.
- 3 years of experience in energy industry, project development, project management, permitting or real estate.
- Able to demonstrate experience dealing successfully with peers, subordinates, management, and unaffiliated third parties.