Project Development Manager
To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to improve their lives with clean energy.
SunShare started with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. Eight years later, we’ve created something even bigger- a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change cost-effectively.
Founded in 2011, we are one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, homeowners, and renters should be easy, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to purchase solar energy. We are a dynamic and driven company developing 1-7 MW community solar projects at scale. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
Drive the development of SunShare’s project portfolio in a designated market. This role will oversee the entire development process up to the Notice to Proceed (NTP) milestone including:
- Analyze and prepare target locations for interconnection.
- Prepare and submit pre-applications (aka Capacity screens) to utility.
- Develop a land acquisition strategy and identify properties in target locations.
- Work with engineering for on site selection and suitability.
- Perform/prepare site suitability analysis and reports.
- Prepare LOI’s with lease/purchase option terms.
- Work with legal to prepare and execute land lease/purchase option agreements with lessee/seller.
- Manage consulting engineers for the preparation of Interconnection Applications.
- Prepare preliminary budgets and schedules for leadership approval.
- Maintain progress/status of projects using company’s project management tools.
- Prepare and receive Land Use Permit applications and permitting process including public hearings – candidate should be capable of building local stakeholder support presenting before local planning and county commissions.
- Articulate operational rationale and expected financial outcomes to the rest of the management team for project development decisions and approvals.
- Transition project to Operations team for the building permits and construction and as necessary to achieve COD and stabilized commercial operations.
- 5+ years of project development and management experience required, showing consistent career progression.
- 5 years of experience in the solar/renewable energy field strongly preferred.
- Must have a strong relationship base in the solar industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electricity markets, utility rate tariffs, interconnection agreements, solar industry trends, and regulatory policies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead without close direction or management; capable of performing and anticipating duties outside of the job description and entrepreneurial thinking.
Follow instructions at the link.