Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Civil Project Engineer to join our renewable energy team in our Madison, Wisconsin office. You will be collaborating to support projects that include wind, solar, and emerging market projects. We are looking for an individual with enthusiasm about her/his work, and with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. If you are licensed engineer with 6 years of designing experience looking for that next step in your career as a project manager this is a great opportunity for growth! Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
- Prepare design documents for civil systems associated with utility-scale wind projects.
- Review plans and specifications for constructability and risk management.
- Coordinate technical activities and designs with personnel in other disciplines and departments within the local office.
- Serve as a liaison between senior engineer and design team.
- Assist the Senior Project Civil Engineer/ Project Manager in preparing the conceptual, preliminary and final design and attend meetings and participate in phone calls with client to coordinate various design activities.
- Assist with other duties assigned by Project Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Must have 6-8 years of experience in discipline within the A&E industry.
- EIT certification required, recent PE preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with department personnel and office staff; must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Experience managing design staff is a plus.
- Extensive experience in storm water management and permitting preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and efficient in problem solving.
- Must have interest in renewable energy development and design.