Clean Energy Job Board
Project Manager II - Transmission
As Minnesota’s not-for-profit electric cooperative, our member-owners and their members impact every decision we make. Because their needs are our needs. Their dreams are our dreams.
Great Benefits and Competitive Pay!
Monday-Friday, typically. Daytime hours.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager II who will be responsible for the successful planning, execution, completion and operational integration of multiple small to mid-size transmission line and substation projects in support of Great River Energy’s transmission system.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Project Management – responsible and accountable for the overall success of assigned projects to support GRE’s transmission division capital portfolio.
· Provide project support to include:
o Directing construction bid documents and specifications
o Initiating and supporting estimating process
o Collaborating with engineering staff on design resource decisions
o Facilitating project outage schedules
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with GRE divisions, members, and other utilities to support effective business processes and methods.
· Knowledge typically acquired through a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or related technical field.
· 5 years of experience with proven ability to manage projects and coordinate teams of professionals
· At least 2 of the years should include significant project management activity, including project planning, design, and construction of transmission related projects.
· Knowledge of transmission & substation planning, design and construction standard utility practice.
· Knowledge of electric utility practice, codes and standards relating to transmission project planning, design and construction.
· Skilled at effective communications at both technical and leadership levels. Skills must include good interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication.
· Skill in conflict resolution including the ability to address difference of opinions or facts and the use of the most appropriate method to reach an effective solution.
· Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
· Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships, both internal and external, and establish credibility with business partners.
· Ability to effectively plan, direct and coordinate the activities of cross-functional teams.
· Ability to coordinate the work of various disciplines, consultants, and contractors as required in completing an integrated project.
· Ability to utilize effective listening skills with the ability to interpret and clearly articulate user requirements and team member contributions.
Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, an on-site workout facility, generous retirement plan, along with many more benefits. Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the Careers tab by April 14, 2023. GRE values diversity, equity, and inclusion and we are an equal employment opportunity employer.